Senior Detection Security Engineer - India, RemotePrimary Location: India - Remote
Location Details: India, Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Remote: This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
Do you want to be a Detection Engineer? GoDaddy is looking for a Threat Hunting Engineer with a focus on Detections. You will play a critical role in identifying security threats in the organisation's infrastructure. You will be included in a dynamic and collaborative environment, where innovation and continuous learning are encouraged. You will have the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled engineers, engaging in information sharing and mentorship, which will further improve your professional growth and development. By demonstrating the latest tools, techniques, and methodologies, you can explore the depths of our networks, systems, and applications, meticulously seeking out malicious activities. Your expertise in threat hunting will enable us to stay one step ahead of cyber-criminals, safeguarding our organisation's critical assets and ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of our information systems. Experience in Splunk, EDR Solutions, and Microsoft Security products is plus!
What you'll get to do...
- Configure, and maintain a robust Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to monitor and detect security incidents in real-time
- Join forces with security teams to optimise/tune detections and playbooks
- Collaborate with security architects and engineers to evaluate, test, and implement new security technologies and solutions
- Observe and analyse security logs, alerts, and event data from various sources to identify patterns, indicators of compromise (IOCs), and anomalous activities
- Conduct proactive threat hunting activities to identify potential security threats across our organisation
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years’ experience in a Cyber Security environment
- Security tools and technologies, including SIEM, EDR, threat intelligence platforms, and network security monitoring solutions
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Proficiency in log analysis, event correlation, and incident investigation using security tools and techniques
- Previous experience with the following tools is helpful: Splunk, EDR Solutions, Microsoft Security product
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and uncover hidden threats or patterns
- Thorough understanding of security detection frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, and NIST
You might also have...
- Incident Response specific or other relevant certifications [ex. GCDA, SEC +, etc.]
- Experience with in-cloud platforms [AWS, GCP, etc]
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing the help and tools to succeed online, making opportunity more inclusive for all. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights, and people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us.
At GoDaddy, we know diverse teams build better products—period. Our people and culture reflect and celebrate that sense of diversity and inclusion in ideas, experiences and perspectives. But we also know that’s not enough to build true equity and belonging in our communities. That’s why we prioritize integrating diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles into the core of how we work every day—focusing not only on our employee experience, but also our customer experience and operations. It’s the best way to serve our mission of empowering entrepreneurs everywhere, and making opportunity more inclusive for all. To read more about these commitments, as well as our representation and pay equity data, check out our Diversity and Pay Parity annual report which can be found on our Diversity Careers page.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements. Refer to our full EEO policy here (https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/equal-opportunity-employment-statement).
Our recruiting team is available to assist you in completing your application. If they could be helpful, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R018464