Lead DevOpsApplyApply Later Location Iași, Romania; United Kingdom; Romania Additional Locations Iasi, Romania; Remote, Romania; Remote, United Kingdom
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We’ve adapted our hiring process in response to COVID-19. To learn more about what GoDaddy is doing differently click here.
You would be joining a team known as Recomm which is GoDaddy's ecommerce platform for its acquisition brands such as 123 Reg, Host Europe, Domain Factory, and TSOHost.
This platform is written and operated in house by our dedicated engineers and has been growing in features, services, and desires over the last year.
Our platform is operated and architected using microservices using various patterns to achieve their goals such as event sourcing, notification, message buses, direct API requests.
The next stage for the platform is on how do we make it a truly 1st class experience for both the end users and the developers; looking to explore new ways to increase availability and performance.
The role itself take the form of collaborating with other lead engineers and development teams to establish grounded pipelines and build out necessary CI/CD infrastructure, development systems, platform automation, monitoring and alerting systems whilst pioneering new technologies (leveraging and or tailoring them as the need arises) to fit the ever changing needs of a fast paced PAAS; whilst maintaining a high standard of health and availability encompassing the overall platform.
- Minimum of 3 years DevOps experience
- Minimum of 2 years Kubernetes experience
- Minimum of 5 years SysAdmin experience:
- Shell scripting, i.e bash
- Working knowledge of Python and or Go
- Virtualisation technologies i.e. VMware vSphere and or OpenStack
- Working knowledge of Centos or REHL 6 & 7, or Ubuntu Server 17 and upwards
- Working knowledge of SELinux
- Experience in complex networking setups
- Experience writing and debugging SQL
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following reverse proxies:
- Experience with network backed storage; such as Gluster and or Ceph
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code; such as Puppet, Chef and or Ansible
- Working knowledge of build pipelines in Jenkins or a similar technology
- Pursue quality throughout the CI/CD chain by implementing industry standard methodology
- Self motivated and driven to succeed
- Personable, calm and adaptable whilst working under pressure
- Ability to convey key information to stakeholders,-Able to steer and guide junior members of the team
- Strong analytical and methodical approach
- 2 years AWS experience building scalable applications across multiple regions
- Working knowledge of cloud based provisioning tools like:
- Experience deploying and maintaining OpenShift clusters
- Experience provisioning bare metal hosts
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days total per annum)
- Bupa private medical insurance
- Private pension with employer matched contributions
- Excellent opportunity for advancement within the company across a variety of roles
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.