Senior Manager - Brand StrategyHiawatha, Iowa | Kirkland, Washington | Scottsdale, Arizona | Santa Clara, California
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join Our Team
GoDaddy is seeking a dynamic candidate to work on our Brand Strategy team. The role will help strengthen and maximize our global brand, elevate and empower the everyday entrepreneurs’ community across a variety of initiatives. This role will participate in projects that touch multiple aspects of our business, helping to validate brand changes using research and data-driven metrics, and translate business strategies into brand strategies and brand executions for markets. This role will also help with the development of strategies covering competitive analysis, brand positioning, brand voice, creative direction, etc.
This position can be located near any of our major offices in the US: Greater Phoenix, AZ, Kirkland/Seattle, WA, Bay Area, CA, Hiawatha, IA.
What you'll get to do...
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- Implement opportunities to further improve brands, analyzing brand positioning and use consumer insights to help inform strategies and executions.
- Collaborate with marketing leaders, channel owners and/or brand initiative managers to plan, conduct and analyze creative testing that uncover the insights of brand direction, creative concepts and elements.
- Prepare and update regular brand strategy reports and guidelines, including the quarterly creative breakthrough report, brand health reports, messaging/naming guides, and ad-hoc project updates.
- Provide strategic support, justification and organization around major digital and offline marketing initiatives.
- Build and deliver components of the Masterbrand architecture amongst the portfolio of GoDaddy brands.
- Lead the creation of materials to help educate and manage brands. Management and global implementation of GoDaddy sub-brands.
- Assist with preparation, fieldwork, and execution of brand research and insight projects, including writing and reviewing of questionnaires, reviewing data, data analysis and reporting.
- Track and provide insights on competitors, audiences (buyer, doer, entrepreneurs, etc.), and popular industry trends from syndicated resources.
- Other brand initiatives and project-based tasks as assigned.
Your experience should include...
- Strong ability to build a presentation about business and brand recommendation based on research and analysis, through storytelling and persuasive narratives. Candidates must be a power user of Excel and PowerPoint. and an example of past presentation may be requested.
- Ability to find, pivot and extrapolate data from the existing dashboard or data set and distill it into brand insights. Dashboard includes but is not limited to Tableau, Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, and/or any other third-party platform.
- Prior exposure to market analysis and structured go to market planning
- Prior experience with brand strategy and brand tactics
- Prior experience with brand research and creative testing (including desktop research and using 3rd party vendor)
- Prior experience with buyer / customer segmentation and targeting
- Understanding brand tracker planning, analysis and methodology
- Understanding of brand and messaging guidelines
- Solid understanding of integrated campaigns, programmatic advertising and paid media channels
- Hands on creation of compelling narratives and presentations a must
- Solid written communication skills with exposure to executives and technical audiences preferred.
- Critical thinking and experience developing data insights.
- Experiences in Internet-based company, and/or knowledge of website building and hosting technology, entrepreneurs, SMB, freelancers or WordPress community preferred.
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resources groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R009651