GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Senior Backend Software Development Engineer (Go) employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The GoDaddy Domains team is seeking a seasoned Engineer to work on back end services that drive the Domains business
GoDaddy's (NYSE: GDDY) mission is to radically shift the global economy toward life-fulfilling independent ventures—helping our customers kick ass by giving them the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. With more than 14 million customers worldwide and more than 62 million domain names under management, GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us in building the next generation of back end services that power GoDaddy products. Our teams work with latest and greatest Open Source technologies and building innovative platforms and products at scale. We have fun environment where it is safe to take risks and trying new ways of doing things. We believe we have the best of both worlds: A Startup like environment with the velocity, freedom and empowerment and the stability and security of a big company in a fast-growing market.
- Build amazing products. Create elegant, performant services - then measure and prove it.
- Work in an agile development environment. Constantly shipping and iterating.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of Product Owners, Designers, Developers, Engineers, and Operations.
- Apply practices such as Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration and Deployment to deliver early and often.
- Work in an Open Space Environment (no cube walls, no offices)
- Continuous learning environment, learn and share your learnings with the rest of the team and contribute in Open Source projects and give back to the community.
- Use bleeding edge Open Source technologies to innovate and set the pace on the Online Presence market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, or a related field is required.
- 2+ years of relevant development experience.
- Experienced with at least one modern language, multiple strongly preferred (Go, Java, C#)
- Experience with Unit and/or Automated Testing Frameworks
- Understanding of Databases and Data Modeling.
- Strong theoretical background in a variety of Computer Science foundational concepts (algorithms, data structures, object oriented design, networking, etc.)
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and to innovate
- Willing to question status quo and always evolve.
- Desirable: Experience working in AWS or GCP
GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer