Director of Customer MarketingPrimary Location: Boston, Massachusetts - Remote Additional location(s): Kirkland, Washington; Scottsdale, Arizona
Location: Hiawatha, IA | Tempe, AZ or remote United States
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
The Customer Marketing Director will develop marketing strategies using both analytical and qualitative insights by partnering with key collaborators throughout the organization including product marketing managers, channel marketers, business analytics, sophisticated analytics and customer experience. True success will come from developing and executing a highly personalized customer marketing strategy that will in turn drive incremental revenue from the existing customer base while improving the customer experience.
What you'll get to do...
- Define existing customer success, engagement, and growth goals for annual and quarterly planning; as a derivative of the overarching business unit KPIs and goals.
- Define the marketing blueprint for the existing base and strategize to achieve those targets including objectives and plans while joining forces in alignment with global lifecycle leaders.
- Keep business unit and peer group leaders advised on progress, challenges, and opportunities for additional investment to accelerate plans.
- Develop and utilize analytical insights to identify new marketing opportunities using customer analysis, segmentation, financial analysis and campaign and test results in partnership with business analytics and advanced analytics.
- Find opportunities to improve existing marketing strategies/campaigns and develop and refine the experience to address these opportunities.
- Leverage those insights in defining consistent conversations/treatments across channels that personalize messaging, enhance the shopper experience, align to the customer contact strategy and drive value for customers and the business.
- Provide the execution teams with the input needed to launch customer conversations and marketing strategies across multiple channels (email, outbound sales, paid advertising, SMS, website experience, etc.).
- Partner with go-to-market, channel marketing, product marketing, and creative teams to design messaging strategies and build new marketing content which align to go-to-market and channel strategies.
- Define reporting and data analytics needs required to provide rapid insights and clarity into what drives business results and how marketing strategies performed and communicate those to cross functional and leadership teams.
- Work with internal and external resources to develop segmentation, lookalike and predictive models; build business case analyses to support programs; and establish ways to improve the collection of customer intent.
- Identify any gaps in marketing capabilities including data capture gaps and platforms needed to execute the optimal marketing strategy.
Your experience should include...
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with customer marketing, analytics, and project/program management with a consistent track record of results.
- Depth and breadth of understanding in the areas of customer marketing, customer retention and personalized messaging.
- Strong understanding of analytics, statistics and forecasting with hands on experience in web and customer analytics including analysis to optimize marketing campaigns, channels and/or customer journeys.
- Hands on leader that loves and is able to balance strategy, operational excellence and technological advancement.
- Ability to work independently, build & manage relationships with key partners, and field contending priorities within a fast-paced matrixed organization and get results at scale is a requirement.
- Experience driving end-to-end marketing campaigns through multiple channels.
- Strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to draw out insights and make data driven decisions with “test & learn” approach.
- Experience using JIRA, Tableau, Confluence, Smartsheet, and SharePoint preferred.
- Experience pulling data via SQL, HQL (Hive) or other coding languages for use in analytics with the proven track record to code from scratch is a plus.
You might also have...
The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in the culture and for this position:
Self-Starting: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
Technology Forward: Has an interest in technology, knows the tools and tricks.
Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and further intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify measurable insights
Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues through active problem solving and aspiring to answer questions before they are asked
Organizational Skills: The ability to bring disparate partners together to resolve issues and drive consensus
Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter
Judgment: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) vital to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting structures.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R013434