At GoDaddy you’ll work with some of the best professionals in the world in an agile, small team environment owning a project end to end. Our marketing team members find success at GoDaddy and we give you the room you need to deliver the extraordinary. We collaborate with passion, and listen to our customers. Since many of us share an enthusiasm for entrepreneurship ourselves, we bring the full force of our personal and professional experience to work everyday.
What makes a successful Creative Director - Video/Editorial employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We are looking for a dynamic Video Editorial Creative Director to join the team.
This position will focus on shaping and leading ideas through the video creative and execution process from concept through completion. The ideal candidate has a passion and skills for storytelling, design, media, and technology. This role requires collaborative leadership working cross-functionally on a range of deliverables across multiple product, content, experiential and communication platforms, while collaborating with and empowering in-house and 3rd-party creative teams to deliver compelling content.
It calls for a self-starter with demonstrated experience in managing multiple work streams, developing creative and strategic plans with cross-functional teams, and executing against a wide variety of creative and strategic business briefs and marketing channels (platforms and mediums, including social + digital, documentary, podcasts, static/OOH, etc.).
Must-haves include a strong video creative content production background, knowledge of and appreciation for the brand, the ability to lead both internal and external development and production partners, and communicating and collaborating effectively, articulating complex issues/problems to varied stakeholders.
- Manage senior producers, producers, audio engineer, and editors.
- Build and lead a cross-functional team (editorial, creative, production) to write, shoot, design, produce, and deliver high-quality video content at speed.
- Engage and work productively with freelancers.
- Provide final editorial sign-off on multi-episodic YouTube type shows, ensuring they meet our high journalistic and creative standards.
- Communicate effectively around writing, storytelling, and technical execution of brand marketing content.
- Manage and empower video editorial team on project assignments through clear guidance, ideation, and collaboration.
- Instill the GoDaddy brand voice within all branding assets across all platforms for both internal and customer-facing projects.
- Collaborate nimbly with team partners in design, planning, and operations to create best-in-class stories.
- Understand, analyze and gather data and develop metrics for the creative process, and evolve the work based on best practices, trends and information.
- Develop and direct third-party creative partners.
- Develop and manage relationships with out-of-house agencies and production companies while effectively balancing internal and external resources, including budgets and video operational strategies.
- Lead the creation of digital marketing assets (text, graphics, blogs, videos, ads, etc.).
- Create reusable assets and templates that make it easy and effective to quickly produce video assets for other video platforms and channels.
- Communicate effectively around visual designs, motion design, concepts, and storyboards via presentations and other means.
- 10+ years experience working as part of an in-house brand creative team, agency or production company leading diverse teams to drive and execute messaging and content across multiple channels, including social.
- B.A. or higher in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or a related field.
- Broad background in developing and implementing brand voice guidelines for specific platforms and audiences, and the ability to confidently create, evaluate, and update when necessary to achieve brand objectives.
- 4+ years experience managing creative team staffers and freelancer contractors.
- In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process. This includes effectively and efficiently staffing a new team and providing clear communication and creative direction.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with senior executives.
- The ability and initiative to push for innovation.
- An insatiable love for developing compelling storylines.
- The ability to successfully develop and maintain creative content calendars that are integrated within the needs of marketing, PR, and paid/organic social & community engagement.
- Strong bias for action and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Working knowledge of video editing software (Adobe Premiere or AVID).
- Working knowledge of design and animation software (After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities, nuanced feedback, and aggressive project timeframes.
- Reel or portfolio of previous campaign or brand initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of shepherding creative ideas within a corporate/business landscape.
- Solid content development and management experience, including the ability to optimize all forms of digital collateral to achieve strategic objectives and establish a competitive edge.
- Experience in communicating effectively with key stakeholders internally and externally (partner agencies) in a spirit of collaboration, and in building strong relationships with varied stakeholders.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The work we do at GoDaddy gives small business owners the products and customer care support they need to be successful online. We make the business of doing business easier.
Jodi Valenta, VP Marketing
The vision of GoDaddy is changing the world’s economy to small business. To do that, we need diversity throughout our teams that reflects our customer base.
Auguste Foldman, SVP Customer Care