Sr. Data Engineer, EMEA AnalyticsApply Apply Later Location India
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18.5 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing technical components (e.g. Data Modeling, ETL and Reporting), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You should have deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should be an expert in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. The individual is expected to be able to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL and reporting solutions. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to implement solutions using them to provide new functionality to the users, scale the existing platform, and help drive our migration to the cloud. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the person will work very closely with diverse teams. Having strong analytical skills is a plus. Above all, you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers to create a platform to drive deep insights around GoDaddy’s business to help our customers succeed in theirs.
- Interface with our Business Analytics team, gathering requirements and delivering complete BI solutions.
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of datasets our BA teams will use to drive key business decisions.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in data engineering: data integrity, validation, reliability, and documentation.
- Tune and ensure query performance using profiling tools and SQL.
- Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- Learn and understand a broad range of GoDaddy’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
- Keep up to date with advances in big data technologies and run pilots to design the data architecture to scale with the increased data volume using AWS.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for datasets.
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field.
- 3+ years experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data Warehousing.
- Experience with Redshift and/or other distributed computing systems.
- SQL performance tuning.
- Database management and administration, including basic scripting.
- Solid experience in at least one business intelligence reporting tools.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is occurring and ambiguity is the norm.
- Master’s degree in Information Systems or a related field.
- Knowledge of Big Data Solutions. Experience with Hadoop, Hive or Pig.
- Experience with Redshift and other AWS services.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.