Sr. Engineer - AnalyticsApply Apply Later Location Hayes, United Kingdom; London, United Kingdom; Nottingham, United Kingdom
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com
As a data-driven company, GoDaddy, is continually seeking talented and highly-motivated Engineers to join our Analytics team. On our team, you will join forces with leaders of our product, platform, website, customer experience, and marketing teams and will be integral to our company growth through the engineering solutions you produce.
This role is all about powering insights and action with data. This spans how we bring in data, how we transform and model it, and how we power customer experiences with it. We are seeking team members that are passionate, extraordinary, analytical, strategic, and inquisitive. The successful candidate will be an “out of the box” thinker, taking innovative and creative approaches to solving complex problems. The right person will raise the profile and excellence of our entire team. If this is you, we want to hear your story! Come join our extraordinary team and help us make our customers’ big ideas come to life!
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for extracting and analyzing large amounts of data across internal and external data sources with a primary focus on supporting ongoing modeling activities
- Demonstrate knowledge of distributed computing and complex data structures to extract and model data into consumable matrices for model estimation and real-time scoring and decisioning
- Understand the end-goal of data and models to provide your own insights and recommendations for improving customer value
- Provide critical production support of your team’s existing production processes to ensure reliability of the modeling and scoring platforms
- Work with internal teams to architect technical solutions that produce delightful customer experiences
- Design and implement solutions that capture data once considered to be impossible or too expensive to acquire
- Practice good engineering standards and work well within an agile process to produce long-lasting and high-fidelity solutions
- Care more about the optimal solution than the process while working efficiently to incur the minimum amount of technical debt
- Break large problems into small components that provide interim progress with respect to serving our customers
What you need:
- 5 plus years in data environments and practical knowledge of complex semi-structured (JSON) or low-structure data types (raw text)
- Public cloud experience Amazon AWS (preferred), Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience working with streaming data platforms (Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Google Pub/Sub)
- Experience implementing, and tuning, processes executed over distributed systems like Apache Spark/Flink, both in batch and streaming using Apache Beam library
- Familiarity and experience with a broad spectrum of data access patterns, including those optimal over a variety of databases such as Apache Cassandra, Redis, Hadoop, MSQL, MySQL, Teradata, Redshift, DynamoDB, etc.
- Prior experience extracting, modeling and presenting data that provides valuable insights to the enterprise
- Experience with deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Data query languages HIVEQL, SQL, PIG
- Programming languages such as Scala, Python and Java
- Ability to work autonomously and make critical decisions independently
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
- Willingness to take the initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.