Senior Site Reliability EngineerApply Apply Later Location Gilbert, Arizona
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Position Overview: One of the major areas of business at GoDaddy is the upkeep and development of our Infrastructure Services. As a Site Reliability Engineer at GoDaddy you will be a key part of the operation helping to ensure platforms capabilities are engineered with innovation and to help provide amazing outcomes and experiences to our internal and external customers
One of the major areas of business at GoDaddy is the upkeep and development of our Infrastructure Services. As a Site Reliability Engineer at GoDaddy you will be a key part of the operation helping to ensure platforms capabilities are engineered with innovation and to help provide amazing outcomes and experiences to our internal and external customers.
- Will configure and operate RHEL, CentOS, CloudLinux, Windows Server 2008/2012 and other mainstream distributions.
- Web and Application Server Technologies – Understanding of the configuration and management of the Apache, IIS, Nginx, TomCat, SendMail, EXIM, ProFTPd, etc. Will implement full LAMP stack configurations
- Virtualization Technologies – Will work with OpenStack, KVM, and implementation of Linux / Open Source technologies on the platform.
- Config and Automation Management – General operational understanding of common Configuration Management technologies employed on Open Source and Proprietary platforms such as Puppet, SaltStack, SCCM, Artifactory and Fabric.
- Will perform debugging analysis and provide an engineered solution based approach for resolution of issues
- Will work with API's both consuming and providing
- Will work with SQL and noSQL data based technologies, such as MySQL and Cassandra, with a focus on basic troubleshooting and query abilities.
- Performance and Reliability Management – Will troubleshoot and make recommendations on improvement. and will write applications in PowerShell, Python, C#, and other industry standard languages.
Four year college degree preferred or relevant experience.
- Average 3-5 years experience in a large scale production environment (1000+ servers).
- Strong analytical thinker and problem-solver.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Exposure to LeanIT concepts, DevOps, and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with mainstream Open Source technologies.
- Advanced understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (KVM, OpenStack, Virtuozzo, VMWare, Xen, Etc.)
- Experience with database technologies (MySQL preferred)
- Intermediate experience with monitoring technologies and methodologies.
- Experience working with San and NAS technologies (iSCSI, FCP, CIFS, NFS, etc.)
- Experience providing solutions/automation via code/development using industry standard languages (Python, PowerShell, C#, Ruby, etc.) and code management methodologies (Git, SVN, TFS, etc.)
- Experience with RESTful API's
- Recommended Certifications: RedHat RHCSA , LPIC-2, ITIL Foundations, Cisco CCNA, Network +
GoDaddy is aproudequal opportunityemployer
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.