At GoDaddy you’ll work with some of the best professionals in the world in an agile, small team environment owning a project end to end. Our marketing team members find success at GoDaddy and we give you the room you need to deliver the extraordinary. We collaborate with passion, and listen to our customers. Since many of us share an enthusiasm for entrepreneurship ourselves, we bring the full force of our personal and professional experience to work everyday.
What makes a successful Mgr - Product Marketing III (IC) employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Senior Product Marketing Manager – Advanced Hosting
In this role, you’ll take part in the complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining product positioning with a single-minded benefit model, pricing and plan packaging, competitive analysis and insights, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across product development, engineering, customer sales and support, channel marketing, corporate communications, legal, research, pricing, and more. You’ll drive, own and be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
If you’re someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-output, and multi-matrixed environment, you have a strong desire to OWN programs from concept to execution, you love challenges and pride yourself in using unconventional ways to solve problems ordinary and complex; read on…
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager at GoDaddy, you will be responsible for heading up product marketing initiatives for our Advanced Servers hosting solutions targeting professional designers, developers and IT professionals. The role includes developing a deep understanding of our target customer, testing into compelling, customer-oriented messaging/value propositions and launching new products & features, both in the US and internationally.
- Product positioning – Drives research and testing to deliver high confidence, differentiated product messaging to regional marketers, including the development of sales training to customer support teams.
- Product go-to-market – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Subject matter expert – be the expert on web designers and developers that use WordPress to build and manage sites for their client, how they evaluate and buy hosting products and other service offerings; be the expert on the competition and how to beat them.
- Analytic tools (Tableau, GA): Uncover insights around customer behavior, sales patterns to drive test & learn decisions for better customer experience, product improvement and increased product sales.
- Conduct qual and quant research using all available methods (e.g., surveys, customer interviews, online tools) to gain deep insights into target audience needs, wants, preferences and behaviors.
- Develop and build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business
- Work closely with the Product development team to help drive the direction of the product features and experience based on customer insights and competitive analysis.
- 7+ years of product marketing experience
- Hosting background a plus
- Strong experience in developing concise, consumer-oriented messaging and positioning for a technical product based on customer research and insights.
- A customer-centric view with a passion for gaining customer insights and translating insights into strategies and executions
- Solid analytical ability to draw out insights and make data-driven decisions, with track record of “test & learn” mindset
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply
- Comfortable presenting and speaking with executives and leadership teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, campaign execution).
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The work we do at GoDaddy gives small business owners the products and customer care support they need to be successful online. We make the business of doing business easier.
Jodi Valenta, VP Marketing
The vision of GoDaddy is changing the world’s economy to small business. To do that, we need diversity throughout our teams that reflects our customer base.
Auguste Foldman, SVP Customer Care