GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Data Scientist - Machine Learning and Algorithms employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a data-driven company, GoDaddy, is continually seeking talented and highly-motivated Data Scientists to join our Analytics team. On our team, you will join forces with leaders of our product, platform, website, customer experience, and marketing teams and will be integral to our company growth through the insights, forecasts and applications you produce.
At GoDaddy, our Analytics team is transforming the way we do business. The team applies advanced analytics, data science, and engineering to develop cutting edge analytical solutions utilizing the latest technologies and techniques. The output of our work is integrated into the GoDaddy ecosystem and leveraged by teams in our marketing, product development, operations, and care organizations. Our work helps shape how the firm goes to market.
We are seeking team members that are passionate, extraordinary, analytical, strategic, and inquisitive. The successful candidate will be an “out of the box” thinker, taking innovative and creative approaches to solving complex problems. The right person will raise the profile and excellence of our entire team. If this is you, we want to hear your story! Come join our extraordinary team and help us make our customers’ big ideas come to life!
Our team manages a wide portfolio of customer insights and value levers. On the Analytics team, you will find leadership opportunities in these areas:
- Driving customer value growth through modeled or engineered insights which improve business results in product purchase, usage, renewal/retention, product development, and customer engagement
- Build solutions that drive channel messaging excellence
- Uncover key customer segmentation and associated behavioral analyses including customer…
- Sentiment and loyalty
- Price sensitivity
- Venture profiles
- Engagement intent
- Developing methodologies to predict customer behavior and prescribe best course of action
- Engineering data pipelines and extracting features to support analytics and our machine learning platform
- Executing all stages of the modeling process; data gathering, feature development, model selection, validation, presentation and socialization
- Building novel solutions using web development frameworks for contributing to the Analytics platform
- Advanced visualization of results
- MS/PhD in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Operations Research, etc.
- 4+ years of industry experience in data analytics, development and/or programming
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Demonstrates extensive abilities in the application of statistical or numerical methods, data mining or data-driven problem solving, including the following areas:
- Utilizing programming skills and knowledge on how to write models which can be directly used in production as part of a large-scale system;
- Understanding of not only how to develop data science analytic models but how to operationalize these models so they can run in an automated context;
- Utilizing and applying data wrangling techniques and scripting languages with proven ability in working on a cloud-based infrastructure;
- Utilizing and applying knowledge of Python-based data science libraries such as sklearn, tensorflow, pytorch and/or the equivalent in R;
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms, such as k-NN, GBM, Neural Networks Naive Bayes, SVM, Deep Learning and Ensemble methods;
- Applying techniques such as multivariate regressions, Bayesian probabilities, clustering algorithms, machine learning, dynamic programming, stochastic-processes, queuing theory, algorithmic knowledge to efficiently research and solve complex development problems and application of engineering methods to define, predict and evaluate the results obtained;
- Working autonomously and making critical decisions independently. Proven communication and collaboration skills; willingness to take the initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities is required.
- Experience solutioning in public cloud environments: AWS (preferred), Google Cloud, Azure.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer
- Work at GoDaddy: View available locations for this position
- Explore Our City: Work at GoDaddy: