Senior Staff Counsel (m/f/d) - Germany, remotePrimary Location: Germany - Remote
Location: Germany remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
GoDaddy is looking for an attorney to support our German and EMEA business. This position will work directly with our Legal, HR, M&A, Marketing, Brand Directors, Tax, Internal Audit, Procurement and Finance teams to support all GoDaddy’s EMEA business operations. This position will report to the international Legal Director based in the United States.
What you'll get to do…
- Lead contract review and negotiation for all German and potentially other EMEA entities
- Provide general data protection advice to German and other EMEA entities while demonstrating an understanding of how these affect online businesses
- Assist GoDaddy’s entity management team with corporate matters across German and other EMEA entities
- Partner with each of our regional brands to advise on customer issues, product matters and to continually review and update customer facing terms and conditions
- Collaborate with our Global Litigation team, advise on and in some cases handle any litigation concerning of our EMEA entities
- Work with our Senior Compliance Director to develop and maintain an effective compliance programs for Germany and EMEA, including coordinating training programs and identifying potential areas of compliance risk
- Be a contact for legal matters within the region, and especially Germany, whatever those may be; support is provided from US colleagues
- Develop, review, and adapt corporate policies to align with local German and EMEA requirements
- Stay on top of compliance best practices
Your experience should include…
- 5+ years’ Post-Qualified Experience
- Previous experience as an in-house counsel, preferably with a multinational organisation
- Expertise in handling commercial legal matters in Germany
- Comfortable and confident in advising and interacting with colleagues and senior leaders, with a proven ability to influence and partner with different constituencies
- Ability to thrive as part of a collaborative and fun team committed to delivering white-glove client service in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Must be able to see the big picture and effectively prioritise projects based on level of risk
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with an ability to meet tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive situations thoughtfully yet firmly, to be assertive without being adversarial, and to take unpopular positions when necessary while maintaining trust and credibility
- Excellent business judgment and strategic thinking as well as an adaptable, flexible attitude
- Ability to think on your feet and to seek issues outside your areas of experience
- A fast learner who is curious, keen to learn new businesses, products, and services and comfortable asking questions to get up to speed quickly and effectively
- Excellent German and English communication skills, both written and oral, and a keen attention to detail
About us…GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About us.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016597