Senior Software Engineer - Commerce RiskPrimary Location: Florida - Remote Additional location(s): California - Remote; Illinois - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
Hybrid-or-Remote: This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Do you get excited about solving complex problems at scale? Do you enjoy the start-up approach to product creation? Would you like the thrill of catching “bad guys”? Three yesses mean GoDaddy can use your help! Read on to learn how.
The Commerce Risk team is building GoDaddy’s next gen ML-based risk platform to leapfrog its adaptability to ever-evolving fraud patterns. One of the first steps in this journey is for the Commerce Risk team to find a well-rounded engineer who will bootstrap this new platform.
What you'll get to do...
- In collaboration with ML Engineers, you’ll build the new cloud-native, real-time stream processing risk platform
- You’ll lead the integration of the new risk platform with the existing payment stack
- Advise Risk Engineering leadership on building out the rest of the risk team
- Learn about payment platforms and the associated risk management
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Risk Analysts and Product to shape the platform evolution
- Set the bar for availability, scalability and resilience and adopt DevOps methodologies to meet it
- Perform code reviews, and lead by example on code refactoring for readability, extensibility and testability
- Champion engineering best practices, like design sessions and up-to-date documentation
Your experience should include...
- You designed, built and evolved a few high complexity, low latency and horizontally scalable systems
- Code quality, observability and testability are tables takes of your craftmanship
- You enjoy starting from scratch and can deal with unknowns
- An analytical problem solver
- You love learning and sharing your knowledge with others
- You are comfortable challenging others as well as being challenged
- A team player who thrives in a multi-disciplinary environment
- You immediately think AWS when you hear Cloud
- The CEO, one of your teammates and a Product Manager can all easily understand what you are sharing with them
- You have been exposed to data streaming and/or batch processing technologies
You might also have...
- You may have experience with payment risk. If not, don’t worry, we’ll teach you
You may have experience with payment risk. If not, don’t worry, we’ll teach you
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016860
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $140000.00 to $101500.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $120000.00 to $140000.00