Senior Software EngineerPrimary Location: Colombia - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
There will be a team of Engineers you will work closely with in Colombia and in the US.
Join Our Team
We are a tightly-knit team that loves building foundational infrastructure services to manage on-premises infrastructure.
Our customers are GoDaddy’s engineering and operations teams. We take pride and joy in building delightful services to enable our customers to consume them independently and productively.
Our infrastructure services provision and manage the lifecycle of on-premises servers, network devices, and appliances; provide a trustworthy Configuration Management Database (CMDB) of all GoDaddy’s on-premises and public cloud infrastructure; and automate workflows across all on-premises data centers, colocations, and PoPs.
If you enjoy building platforms and automation to enable internal GoDaddy engineering teams to build the best products, you will love working on our team!
What you will get to do...
- Build the foundational infrastructure services to evolve GoDaddy’s on-premises infrastructure into the secure, right-sized, and optimized future state.
- Deliver features, enhancements, bug fixes, documentation updates, and support to enable customers to use infrastructure services productively and efficiently.
- Deliver software services and automation to enable GoDaddy’s on-premises data center and networking engineers manage servers, appliances, and network devices efficiently.
Your experience should include…
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong familiarity with web technologies: HTML, CSS, JSON.
- A source code control system, preferably GitHub.
- Passion for developing reliable software solutions for large-scale, distributed computing problems.
- Passion for helping customers. Passion for delivering features, bug fixes, and documentation to help customers use our infrastructure services efficiently and productively. Collaborates effectively with peers and partners.
You might also have…
- BS or Master’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with API technologies: REST & Swagger.
- Developing applications in ServiceNow or Node.js.
- ELK (Elastic-LogStash-Kibana) stack, monitoring tools (Icinga, Sensu), CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub actions).
- Working in agile environments (Sprints or Kanban).
- Experience contributing to open-source projects.
- Passionate about documenting your work.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R017729