At GoDaddy you’ll work with some of the best professionals in the world in an agile, small team environment owning a project end to end. Our marketing team members find success at GoDaddy and we give you the room you need to deliver the extraordinary. We collaborate with passion, and listen to our customers. Since many of us share an enthusiasm for entrepreneurship ourselves, we bring the full force of our personal and professional experience to work everyday.
What makes a successful Senior Product Manager - Voice & Messaging employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Senior Product Manager in the GoDaddy Voice and Messaging team, you will have a career-defining opportunity to contribute to the business strategy and drive key elements of the customer experience for the SmartLine product line. SmartLine enables small businesses to have real-time texting and voice calls with their customers, prospects, partners and employees on their existing mobile phone—through a second number that allows them to appear professional while keeping their personal number private. You will be instrumental in the expansion of the product line through the creation of other products and services that solve important communication problems for small business owners.
The role requires passion for building outstanding products that customers love to use, appreciation for working with great designers and engineers, creation and communicate of a clear plan of attack to partners, wisdom to make tough trade-offs and ability keep up with a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Holistically look at the market, customer needs, trends and competitors within the communications space for the solopreneur and micro-SMBs to determine new opportunities for GD’s Voice and Messaging business.
- Drive product discovery efforts to identify and validate important customer problems and delightful solutions. Partner with UX to perform user research, ideate and prototype, and conduct usability tests.
- Establish, communicate and drive a solid roadmap for additional Voice and Messaging products and services that aligns with business goals and customer needs. Be an evangelist for the product across the organization.
- Own the backlog for your assigned products including creating comprehensive user stories. Drive release planning activities with cross-functional teams.
- Monitor and analyze customer, financial and technical important metrics and take action, as needed, including driving resolution with teams and communicating to relevant partners.
- Dedicatedly engage with customers and prospects via structured and unstructured interactions. Partner to develop processes for gathering, analyzing and acting on various types of customer feedback.
- Demonstrate diplomacy, integrity, and presence to enable you to work effectively at all levels cross-functionally.
- Demonstrate a positive demeanor and flexibility to jump in and roll-up your sleeves when the situation demands.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support go-to-market plans for product releases, PR events, and customer outreach.
- Form a close relationship with the SmartLine support team and ensure insights from support are making their way back into the product to enhance customer experience.
- Support customer care teams by communicating new features, providing training materials and assets, and attending customer care events. Actively listen to their challenges and help craft solutions that enable them to provide best in class support for SmartLine customers.
- BA/BS required; 5+ years professional experience in product management with at least 3 of those years focused specifically on mobile applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence agile teams to deliver successful products and services that achieve specific, targeted outcomes via deep customer understanding and empathy.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated credibility with customers, partners, and cross-functional partners.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit -- be motivated, individually accountable, and passionate about delivering business results.
- Ability to frame problems, know what data to bring to bear, make decisions with limited information and clearly articulate an action plan in a way that inspires confidence and enthusiasm.
- Analytical with a hypothesis-based mentality; ability to rapidly test and iterate on hypothesis to improve.
- Strong project management skills -- Be comfortable in organizing and orchestrating complex initiatives that require significant interactions across multiple teams.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The work we do at GoDaddy gives small business owners the products and customer care support they need to be successful online. We make the business of doing business easier.
Jodi Valenta, VP Marketing
The vision of GoDaddy is changing the world’s economy to small business. To do that, we need diversity throughout our teams that reflects our customer base.
Auguste Foldman, SVP Customer Care