At GoDaddy you’ll work with some of the best professionals in the world in an agile, small team environment owning a project end to end. Our marketing team members find success at GoDaddy and we give you the room you need to deliver the extraordinary. We collaborate with passion, and listen to our customers. Since many of us share an enthusiasm for entrepreneurship ourselves, we bring the full force of our personal and professional experience to work everyday.
What makes a successful Manager, Channel Growth & Optimization – SmartLine employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Digitally savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The Manager, Channel Growth & Optimization for the SmartLine mobile app will be responsible for the development and execution of channel strategies & campaigns to rapidly scale efficient app user acquisition and retention through segmentation & targeting, creative & user journey excellence, and the latest in machine-learning & automation tools.
You will work closely with the Director, Channel Growth & Optimization, SmartLine product marketing managers, creatives and business analysts in order to construct and continually optimize performant channel campaigns that deliver on key business objectives for the SmartLine mobile app.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Director, Channel Growth & Optimization and relevant product marketing managers to gain in-depth understanding of the audience, products, key features and messaging, leveraging qualitative and quantitative feedback from customers (interviews and surveys).
- Work with Director, Channel Growth & Optimization to identify the right channels, ad platforms, media buy opportunities, audience targeting and end-to-end strategy for optimizing app user growth & retention.
- Drive channel test planning, scheduling, budget advocacy, and execution. Expected channel breadth to include, but not limited to, social, search, display, audio, and video categories.
- Manage and continually optimize high-performing campaigns in perpetuity across channel breadth defined by strategy to deliver on key business objectives for the audience.
- Partner cross-functionally to drive growth. To include (but not limited to) working with …
- ... Global Channel teams to establish operating practices and avoid overlapping campaign scope.
- … Creative, UX, and app development teams to develop highly targeted ads and corresponding user journeys for campaigns.
- … Analytics to create relevant dashboards / analyses to monitor channel performance, trends and correctly attribute conversions to each channel.
- Execution will be focused initially in North America, but expected to scale globally.
- 4-year college degree, preferably in business, marketing, or quantitative field.
- 2+ years recent hands-on experience in execution and optimization across marketing & advertising channels to drive mobile app install and sign-up, notably including social (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter), search (Google & Bing Ads, Apple Search Ads), display, video, audio, and multi-channel platforms (e.g. Google’s Universal App Campaign platform).
- Ability to manage highly-segmented campaigns driving mobile app user acquisition across multiple channels at scale.
- Strong product marketing skills, including the creation of buyer personas, positioning and messaging by segment, and competitive analysis.
- Working knowledge of product economics and how to calculate – LTV, CAC, ROAS, etc.
- Exceptional analytical skills and proficiency with manipulating & reporting on complex data sets. Familiarity with corresponding tools such as MMPs (e.g. Singular, TUNE), Tableau, Sizmek, Google Analytics, Excel pivot tables, etc. preferred.
- A customer-centric view with a passion for gaining customer insights and translating insights into marketing strategies and execution.
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and simply.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and be flexible in changing environments.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders in high-paced environment.
- An innate bias toward action and strong self-starter; ability to drive initiatives independently while also being closely coordinated with other teams.
- Experience with 3rd party campaign management platforms for analytics, bid management, testing, etc.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The work we do at GoDaddy gives small business owners the products and customer care support they need to be successful online. We make the business of doing business easier.
Jodi Valenta, VP Marketing
The vision of GoDaddy is changing the world’s economy to small business. To do that, we need diversity throughout our teams that reflects our customer base.
Auguste Foldman, SVP Customer Care
- Work at GoDaddy: View available locations for this position
- Explore Our City: Work at GoDaddy: