GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful DIrector of Mobile Engineering employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is seeking a dynamic leader to lead the creation of mobile user experiences that will delight and impress our customers. You will have an active role in building and leading the team of mobile developers who work on the front end experience for our SmartLine mobile application to allow users to make and receive calls from a second business line. This product group is an important contributor to the company’s future revenue, customer growth and technical innovation.
You will have significant influence on our overall mobile strategy, you will grow and develop a high-performing team. You will learn a variety of cutting-edge technologies and develop well-rounded leadership skills.
- You will be managing a total of about four to ten engineers (split between Android and iOS), with a view to hiring additional developers to help you out as the teams grow.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Lead by example Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Be accountable for the team’s code quality by performing code reviews and promoting engineering best practices (TDD, CI/CD)
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Interact with all team members every day as a leader and coach (weekly one on ones).
- Plan and support career development of the engineers.
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Lead architectural discussions with the team and across partners
- Have a very crisp handle on deliverable s and their feasibility.
- Track progress and maintain a clear perspective on deadlines and road maps.
- You have delivered mobile software solutions in a manager role.
- Desire to lead the mobile revolution at GoDaddy and become the Mobile evangelist.
- Deep experience knowledge with helping team develop and automate code testing, within high test coverage environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Strong understanding of modern mobile applications and technologies
- Passionate about providing quality mobile experiences for our customers
- You are highly skilled in either of Android or IOS development with Objective C, Swift or Java
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment
- Experience working in an Agile environment, TDD experience preferred
- 8+ years professional software engineering experience
- You have at least five years of experience in managing engineering teams.
- Computer Science bachelor's degree, relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer
- Work at GoDaddy: View available locations for this position
- Explore Our City: Work at GoDaddy: