GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Senior UI Software Engineer - Aftermarket (Contractor) employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 75 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This position is for a high impact engineer that can work in a technology stack from the user interface level down to the persistence model, but will primarily be responsible for adding new functionality to the presentation tier. The engineer will have input into both the technical and product direction and will be responsible for end-to-end delivery.
- Have you ever built a dynamic front end for a transactional system that needs to handle close to 2 million auctions per month? We should talk.
- We need to hire multiple developers to complete the integration of Transaction Assurance into the Auctions product suite. This is an initiative to move to a workflow-specific model for transaction management using an Open Source stack that includes React, React Native, Backbone, Node and Cassandra.
- This position is for a high-impact engineer who can work in a technology stack from the user interface level down to the persistence model, but the primary deliverables will be on the front end.
As a Senior Engineer in our Cambridge office, you will partner closely with internal teams assisting with user stories for both a Java platform team and a full stack, customer-facing product team responsible for GoDaddy’s aftermarket domain services. We are seeking to scale out our services globally and make them as mobile-responsive as possible.
We value strong Java developers with REST API experience who can quickly hit deliverables using React. Our Software Engineers own their product and platform end-to-end, especially their code quality. They are responsible for thinking beyond unit tests to integration and functional tests as well as automation efforts. QA is everyone’s job. Come shine on our small, high-impact team of dedicated Engineers as we build and iterate upon the world’s largest secondary marketplace for domain investors and small business owners.
- Contribute to the full development stack from the UI to the persistence model. You will be diving into front end development and working a data model for services with the Dev Ops and testing required to keep the lights on.
- Refine requirements with the product management team members to find a path through the product and technical vision.
- Deliver on user stories each sprint; participate in Scrum meetings, code reviews, sprint planning, etc.
- Contribute to the technical direction of our solution. Everyone has a voice in our group, and we all have a vested interest in our direction.
- 5+ years of full-time software development experience in an Open Source Java environment
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful web services. Familiarity with micro-service architecture is preferred.
- Have the ability to communicate an object-oriented design and logical development approach with your peers.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment is preferred
- Experience with public cloud services preferred
GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer