GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Senior Software Development Engineer - Aftermarket employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
The GoDaddy Aftermarket is seeking a technical lead to help shape how our various platforms come together. This role impacts everything from large scale application design to data propagation through the Aftermarket. The role will set direction for the team.
As a hands-on technical leader and Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for architecture, designing, and building-out scalable applications that power Godaddy's Aftermarket. This Senior Engineer role spans everything from sourcing data in to designing and building the infrastructure and applications that serve investors and small business owners. You will be an engineering leader; your impact will be felt across the company and the Internet. Specifically, you will partner closely with other lead developers as well as leaders from the other Aftermarket teams and Domains teams that enable customers to use their domains. If you want a role where you can drive deep technical improvements across your team, the company, and the Internet, yet with razor-focus on our customers and meeting business requirements, this role is for you.
- Write highly-scalable, highly-available, cloud-ready applications
- Be accountable for code quality, writing unit and integration tests
- Adopt Agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy iterations of our services
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
- Continuously refine existing systems to improve their reliability, performance, and manageability
- Provide operational support for critical customer-facing systems as well as internal APIs/tools
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or a relevant technical field
- 7+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Technical Lead experience or experience coaching and mentoring other software developers
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of core back-end technologies: GoLang, Java, C#, Node.js, Python, Scala; and distributed architectures
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and experience creating RESTful APIs to power web applications
- Experience with devops and solid understanding of systems like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, OpenStack, Artifactory.
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Strong software architecture skills
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world business problems
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer