Vice President of Product Management, Venture ExperiencesCalifornia | Kirkland, Washington | Santa Clara, California | Tempe, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Kirkland, WA, Scottsdale, AZ, Tempe, AZ, San Francisco, CA, or Santa Clara, CA
What you'll get to do...
This is a company-critical leadership role where you are a leader in our US business, focused on the customer experience to drive customer growth through successful ventures. We believe in the scientific method to help drive our learning and innovation, leveraging test and learn methods that yield data driven decisions. The scope of this role includes enabling product commercialization and subscriptions, tiering constructs, driving customer lifetime value (LTV) and evolving GoDaddy’s business models. In addition, you will partner with stakeholders across the company to drive outcomes that align with our strategic objectives and goals. In summary, you will:
- Lead the build out of our new GoDaddy venture experiences, including a Venture Home that enables customers to use GoDaddy as the hub to know how they are performing, and help them take steps to drive success for their small business
- Drive the shift in the GoDaddy business model from being a collection of direct-to-paid portfolio of SaaS offerings to a customer-value focused set of subscriptions, with associated KPIs focused customer satisfaction and retention, along with financial targets and other core business drivers
- Craft the commercialization product strategy that evolves GoDaddy’s core business model towards creating customer value and willingness to pay while supporting customer success, including identifying the core KPIs that reflect success
- Own GoDaddy outcomes for driving the number of GoDaddy-powered ventures, including our freemium and free trial pipelines
- Develop, coach, and mentor a team of product leaders, product managers, channel managers, business operation and strategy managers
- Partner with Product Marketing, Finance, Customer Care, executive management, and other product leaders to build into a shared vision that you lead
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years experience in Product Management or Growth roles (or similar), working with SaaS applications/ Internet/software products, with increasing levels of responsibility
- 3+ years experience managing a business unit P&L that involves sales, marketing and personnel related revenue and costs
- Demonstrated ability in using data driven method for experimentation and decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field desired; MBA highly preferred
- Fluency in SaaS economics, connecting financial outcomes with SaaS metrics. Demonstrated experience working at the intersection of Growth, Marketing, and Product Management
- Demonstrated experience as a “whole business” thinker, including being involved in decisions trading off top and bottom line and thinking through acquisition to retention
- Demonstrated experience as a “builder” with experience working within an Agile environment
- Customer-centric orientation with excellent ability to develop insights from broad range of data and observations and translate them into meaningful product experiences
- Proven experience as a data-inspired leader, including leveraging data science and ML to more deeply understand and drive progress against goals
- Proven experience leading or driving a significant company initiative that required shared buy-in and execution across a large set of teams
- Demonstrated experience in hypothesis-based validation of roadmaps and strategies
- Demonstrated experience leading product development teams, including direct management of Product Managers
- Demonstrated understanding of core product management, product development, and marketing processes/methodologies such as market needs analysis, competitive analysis, product planning, marketing programs, sales programs, branding, pricing, etc.
- Excellent team leadership, prioritization, and communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Intuitively translates big picture goals to micro use cases and has a strong focus on solving core problems to deliver simple solutions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work closely with executives, engineering, design, business planning, marketing, and customer service
- Self-starter and results-oriented, able to work under minimal guidance
- Ability to work in a complex, diverse, and fast paced environment. Focus on key business goals and executing on plans with constrained resources
You might also have...
- Experience working on subscription services for SMBs
- Experience in Growth-oriented roles
The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in the culture and in this position:
- Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues through active problem solving and striving to answer questions before they are asked.
- Strategic orientation
- Results orientation
- Strong business acumen, competence in running a P&L
- Collaboration and influencing
- Ownership: Accountability for products we build and the way you manage the business
- Self-Starting: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to bring disparate stakeholders together to resolve issues, drive consensus and prioritize workload.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Judgment: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
- Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting structures.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010673