Software Development Engineer - Data CentersCalifornia | Texas | Washington | Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Arizona or Remote US
GoDaddy’s Data center Software Engineering Team is seeking a passionate, results oriented software engineer to support company-wide datacenter automation and optimization goals. Successful candidates will be part of a global team responsible for the development of an integrated system of tools, services and reports to drive operational efficiency and planning. As a software engineer on this team, you will be developing across the full stack to ease datacenter operations and help the company make informed decisions on all aspects of datacenter management.
What you’ll get to do...
- Meet with partners, product owners, and datacenter leadership to define project requirements
- Design system interfaces to ingest data from multiple sources in the US and abroad
- Develop and maintain reports and visualizations capturing datacenter operational metrics in ServiceNow
- Develop tooling to streamline datacenter activities
- Compile data and user guides for easy deployment and adoption
- Proactively solicit end-user feedback and ensure all partner needs are met with each project
- Support datacenter operations, engineering, deployment and finance goals from a software perspective
Your experience should include...
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, engineering or related field
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Significant knowledge in a Linux environment, including Bash scripting
- 1+ years of OOP experience
- Understanding of database design principles and ETL/ELT methodologies
- Some front-end experience, especially with data visualization frameworks like D3.js
- Deep understanding of writing clean, flexible and maintainable code
- Ability to work independently and to learn quickly
- Ability to identify roadblocks and find solutions to resolve them
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010413