Senior Software Engineer - CommercePrimary Location: California - Remote
You’ll be working remotely from anywhere in the US. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
This product group is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth and innovation. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and able to amplify the talents of others. Someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes, system resiliency and how to enable innovation through fostering a growing culture of Open Source. They will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices here at GoDaddy through a new payments platform that will be mission critical to many internal product and engineering teams.
- Lead and support team members to drive success
- Be accountable for code quality and writing unit and integration tests
- Be expected to contribute to architectural and design discussions
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Contribute to open source projects and communities
- Identify, measure, and understand user needs and execute on appropriate solutions
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Evaluate and recommend development tools and frameworks
- Be accountable for balancing product goals with company objectives
Your experience should include...
- Very strong object-oriented programming and design fundamentals
- 5+ years professional web development experience in related technologies
- 3+ years React experience
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience with building APIs and a love for writing beautiful APIs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
- History of open source contributions and community involvement
- Very strong understanding of all aspects of web client performance
You might also have...
- Test automation experience
- Leadership experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS and building inside the AWS platform
- Strong understanding of software security best practices
- Passion for quality, user experience, and cutting edge web technologies
- Understanding of the payments industry and landscape
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R013494