GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Senior Backend Engineer employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18.5 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
SENIOR BACK-END ENGINEER
- When is the last time you had a role on a team building something from the ground up that is going to have a truly global reach? GoDaddy is making a huge investment in rapidly growing our CDN, which is going to become an increasingly meaningful part of our growing portfolio of offerings.
- You will have a huge opportunity in influencing the future direction and design of our CDN, which we want to scale to the same size as the world’s biggest CDNs. Building something on this scale for a company that already has billions in revenue is an opportunity you may never see again in your career.
- Sucuri is looking for a creative engineer to join our Research and Development team. You write clean, secure code and have a passion for the backend. We are a team of high-performing and dedicated Engineers who love to collaborate and craft efficient, secure products for our global customer base.
- As a Senior Backend Engineer you will be working on the backend for our products and interacting side-by-side with other Sucuri and GoDaddy engineers around the world.
- This is a full-time and remote salaried position for someone who is comfortable with telecommuting.
GoDaddy is a proud equal opportunity employer.
The Sucuri R&D team is responsible for building and maintaining our suite of security products, this includes our website scanning engines, malware detection and clean up solutions, along with our website firewall and backups. Additionally, this includes external facing products like our blogs and website.
We have a high-pace environment, one in which you would be pushing code live every single day. Unlike most development shops where you likely have a rigid work flow and release process, ours is very lean and quick. Our environment is comprised of various languages.
The ability to adapt to any language will be quickly evident when working within our environment.
- At least 5 years of full-time development experience.
- Proven coding skills in at least 2 of the following: Lua,C,GO
- Linux administration and management experience is essential.
- Understanding of web architecture and scalable platforms.
- Previous remote employment experience preferred. You are able to work independently with little guidance.
- Nginx administration
- You have high standards and want to make a difference with your work.
- You’re ready to tackle just about anything – and figure things out one way or another.
- You work well in a small team and you can convey your insightful opinions and well-reasoned arguments without needing to have the final say.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer