Principal Software EngineerPrimary Location: California - Remote Additional location(s): Austin, Texas; Carlsbad, California; Kirkland, Washington; Los Angeles, California; Scottsdale, Arizona; Tempe, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools needed to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: US remote or near a GoDaddy office
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
What you'll get to do...
Do you flourish when working in a highly collaborative, innovative, passionate, and empowering atmosphere? Do you wish to grow your career, expand your skillset, and build new experiences as you work on customer-centered products used by millions of users? If so, then we want to meet you!
What you will get to do:
- Help build highly scalable products that help small businesses succeed online with great user experiences.
- Work on a remote first team of software engineers, product management, user experience designers and data scientists within a supportive environment where you will have the flexibility to structure your day.
- Deliver a great customer experience via experimentation and data, solving problems spanning the front-end to the backend.
- Embrace Agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy iterations of our services.
- Help establish and monitor metrics to ensure product and customer success, including real-time application monitoring and performance profiling of our applications.
- Mentor and help engineers grow in their career
You should have:
- 5+ professional experience building products and services.
- Experience with automated testing code and using test frameworks.
- Experience leading a project from the requirements phase to its completion
- A good foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design patterns.
- Strong analytical, research and communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to both a technical or a non-technical audience.
- A desire to develop elegant solutions for real-world small business problems
- A sense of curiosity and are always striving to learn.
You might also have:
- A BS or MS in a computer science, information system, UX or related industry experience.
- Contributed to or managed open-source projects
- Prior work experience with AWS
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012042