Senior Mobile EngineerPrimary Location: British Columbia, Canada - Remote Additional location(s): Alberta, Canada; Manitoba, Canada; New Brunswick, Canada; Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada; Northwest Territories, Canada; Nova Scotia, Canada; Nunavut, Canada; Ontario, Canada; Prince Edward Island, Canada; Quebec, Canada; Saskatchewan Landing, Canada; South Africa; Yukon, Canada
Join our team
Our Domain Registrars and Investors team is looking for a mobile developer to join us in building and improving the Investor Experience at GoDaddy. The Investor Experience is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth and innovation. This is an excellent opportunity to get in at the ground level.
Our team believes that creativity is the magical act of making change happen. With the right tools it turns any obstacle course into a playground. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions tailored to the unique needs of our domain investors customers. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make groundbreaking technologies simple and effective.
You will play a major role in improving the investor experience by using creativity to build a next-level mobile experience for domain investors. You will gain experience by making efficient, well-designed mobile applications for a global company and a true leader in the industry.
The team is highly experienced for many years in working remotely. Our current members span multiple locations across North America.
Anywhere in the Americas, Europe and Africa, however this position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you'll get to do...
- Building great experiences that help our customers succeed.
- Writing efficient applications with a focus on good software engineering practices.
- Solving end-to-end problems.
- Participate in code reviews and write test code (in the form of functional and unit tests).
- Adopt agile methodologies to continuously release and deploy iterations of our services.
- Adopt DevOps methodologies for automating routine tasks.
- Develop soft skills and user-focused, team-first approach to software development.
Your experience should include...
- Strong experience in one mobile technology stack (Android/iOS) and related programming languages, e.g., Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C.
- Demonstrated engagement in the mobile development community, watching trends and keeping up with changes from year to year.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in a computer science, engineering, information systems or related discipline.
- Strong foundation in mobile design patterns, data structures, algorithms, software designs, microservices, and cloud computing.
- Experience building CI/CD and server/deployment automation solutions.
- A passion to develop elegant and cutting-edge solutions for real-world business problems.
- A demonstrated history of a collaborative mindset where differences of perspective are celebrated.
You might also have...
- Direct experience writing microservices using AWS technologies.
- Domain aftermarket experience either as a developer or as an investor.
- Front-end experience on a web-based e-commerce or digital asset management product.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012411