Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)British Columbia, Canada
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager is in Kirkland, Washington, but you’ll be working remotely from anywhere in Canada.
What you'll get to do...
Our Domains team is looking for a frontend software engineer to join us in building and improving the Domain Investing experience at GoDaddy. As a software development engineer, you will work in a scrum team assisting with user stories for a full stack, customer-facing product team responsible for GoDaddy’s aftermarket domain services. We are seeking to scale out our services globally and make them as mobile responsive as possible. Our Software Engineers own their product and platform end-to-end, especially their code quality. They are responsible for thinking beyond unit tests to integration and functional tests as well as automation efforts. Come shine on our small, high-impact team of dedicated Engineers as we build and iterate upon the world’s largest secondary marketplace for domain investors and small business owners.
- Work closely with the product team to rapidly implement A/B tests and own front end engineering projects to drive conversion
- Collaborate with world-class product, user experience design, and back-end engineering groups to deliver responsive UI for our global customers
- Bring innovative ideas and solve complex technology problems
- Provide insight into current best practices for front-end web development and help to drive decisions around framework and tool choices
Your experience should include...
- 6+ years professional experience building real world web applications
- 1+ years professional experience in a production React/Redux environment.
- Expertise working with browser APIs
- Extensive experience with A/B or multivariate testing
- Extensive experience working with 3rd party APIs (bonus points for having written your own API services)
- Extensive experience optimizing front end performance and a keen understanding of user-centric performance metrics, such as "First Meaningful Paint" and "Time To Interactive"
- You enjoy collaborating with your teammates and helping them grow
- You're passionate about unit-testing your code
You might also have...
- Experience with Node.js.
We've got your back...
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R009684