UX Manager - Belgrade, SerbiaPrimary Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Location: Serbia, Belgrade
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a hybrid position. You’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and at our Belgrade office, so you should live within commuting distance from the office. Hybrid teams may work in office as much as a few times a week or as little as once a month or quarter. The hiring manager can share more about what the future of work might look like for this team. Due to COVID-19, you’ll work remotely from day one until it’s safe for you to return to the office. Our leadership monitors local conditions and will communicate return to work plans as we approach reopening for the Belgrade office.
Join the team...
GoDaddy is looking for an experienced UX leader to help build, shape, and push our design teams to the next level.
As a UX manager, you’ll be responsible not only for the design team across an expansive functional area of the company but you’ll be influencing roadmaps, coordinating deliverables between cross-functional teams, joining forces across the company to drive success, and be the ultimate arbiter of our experiences – up-leveling design, driving NPS and ensuring every experience a customer has is second to none – you’ll have the freedom to make the choices that matter, and the space in which to make those decisions.
As the leader of the design team you’ll partner with other leaders and to establish strategic plans, goals, and tactics and delegating assignments to your direct reports. You’ll be working on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
What you'll get to do...
- You’ll lead direction, establish goals, expectations, and work plans for larger teams or departments with cross-team collaboration.
- Work with our design teams to mentor and coach best practices, provide feedback and collaborate to ensure design standards are being met.
- You’ll coach your direct reports on job-specific skills and career development.
- You’ll help team members personally develop and improve their impact within GoDaddy through direct and timely practical feedback.
- You’ll be responsible for all people processes – recruiting the right talent, retaining said talent, and ensuring the team has access to information and tools to perform their jobs successfully. You’ll be a natural problem solver and guide the team forward to overcome roadblocks.
- Implement the best processes and practices for accelerating collaborations aligned to company objectives.
- Be a strategic creative problem solver and set a higher standard of visual design for GoDaddy.
- Collaborate effectively with other leaders, senior designers, content strategists, product managers, researchers, and technologists.
- An active contributor and participator in group critique and constant iterative improvement. Guide sessions in a team environment, and champions design thinking into the common vernacular.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time, workflow, and expectations appropriately.
- Advocate for design excellence, craftsmanship, usability, and experience.
Your experience should include...
- 8+ years of experience in delivering software products to market - demonstrable proven experience in a well-established, leadership role with a clear record of success.
- You’ll be an expert in methodology, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Self-Initiated achievements that show an ability to work through and across organizational lines.
- Commitment to present and explain solutions and decisions to teams, partners, and executives in a style that cultivates partnership and consensus building
- Clear track record of problem resolution, team leadership, and time in a role with at least 6 direct reports.
- Outstanding conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Strong creative skills are a definitive plus. You should have a strong sense of the visual aesthetic and a consistent track record in the craft of design.
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design or HCI
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agenciesJob ID R013895