Engineering ManagerBelgrade, Serbia
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
What you'll get to do...
This role will support the creation and development of an engineering team in the Belgrade office, and is a dependency to hiring additional engineers.
- Manage, mentor, and coach a team of 8-10 engineers with continuous feedback, addressing underperformance, and recognizing the individual strengths and contributions of the team members
- Provide career development planning and guidance
- Conduct regular check-ins (1:1s) with team members
- Contribute to creating plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges within the organization
- Assist with the hiring, onboarding, and training of new team members
- Coordinate with other teams across the company like Product, Design, Marketing, and Support to meet cross-functional objectives
- Consistently share objectives and goals with the team and rally the team to accomplish them
- Champion an ethos of continuous improvement in the team
- Help grow the expertise of the team in performant, reliable, scalable, maintainable architecture, and experimentation
- Collect and analyze workflow and team metrics to drive improvements
- Help to define, document, and unify engineering best practices and project management processes and tooling
Your experience should include...
- Have experience managing a team of engineers
- Kind-hearted and passionate about mentoring and coaching others to be successful
- Be an adept technical leader who is able to make complex topics seem approachable
- Excited about creating and fostering excellence in engineering and project management practices
- Bring action orientation and an experimental mindset and thrive on continuously improving with your team
- Be eager to collaborate with multiple teams and understand how other teams’ work influences our engineering practices
- Be independent, determined, and driven — a self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Approach problems from first principles and continuously question assumptions
- Be an effective communicator in verbal and written English with strong feedback skills
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R010447