Front End Software Engineer ManagerPrimary Location: United Kingdom - Remote Additional location(s): Iasi, Romania; Romania
Location: UK - Remote
We are seeking a Front-End Software Engineering Manager to lead, motivate and mentor the teams responsible for our front-end merchandising platform. This is a highly influential role in a large development team based across the UK and Romania, so you should be hungry for a complex challenge of developing a strong continuous-improvement culture and delivering amazing customer outcomes through high-performing teams.
You will be working as part of the Global Partners Organisation – the team in GoDaddy responsible for solutions for our technically-sophisticated customers who operate at large scale. The global Partners organisation delivers services through our hero GoDaddy Pro brand and a number of region- and sector-specific brands.
Your specific focus will be on the multi-brand platform through which our customers discover, purchase and manage their services.
What you'll get to do...
- Leading the teams responsible for delivering our next front-end platform for our multi-brand content delivery platform.
- Upholding engineering rigor and coaching the teams to be the best engineers they can be.
- Taking operational responsibility for your teams’ code, ensuring it is well tested and monitored, and owning when things don’t go to plan.
- Collaborating with other GoDaddy teams worldwide to maximise technology re-use.
- Championing the use of engineering best-practices across front-end development.
- Leading and mentoring the next generation of front-end architects and leaders.
- Performance and talent management within the teams.
Your experience should include...
- For you, work is a pleasure because you’re doing the thing you love most every day. You thrive delivering amazing technical outcomes through others, whilst inspiring the teams to be the best they can be.
- When you encounter a problem, you relish in finding the best solution for the customer, whether internal or external. When you repeat a task, your instinct is to automate. When you create something new, you make sure that unfamiliar developers can pick it up, maintain and support it with no problem.
- You’re experienced enough to understand that not all technology is perfect, and that large companies have some well-intentioned skeletons. This will not phase you – in fact you see this as part of the challenge - you enjoy replacing the old with the new and becoming incrementally better.
- You keep up-to-date with the latest engineering trends, but understand that adopting every new practice is more problematic than using a select number of well-proven practices – your bar for adoption is meticulously high.
- You live and breathe Agility – not just agile processes, but the accompanying engineering practices and the spirit of delivering value as quickly as practical. Delivering quality code that is operationally ready is in your DNA; testing and observability are part of your definition of done.
You might also have...
- You will have experience building and managing high performing engineering teams.
- You have engineering roots and still love to get your hands-dirty, but your passion is mentoring others to be the best engineers they can be.
- You know what great engineering looks like and you are up-to-date with the latest tools and practices – you have a good sense of which are likely to be beneficial to your teams.
- Fluency in front-end technologies, including HTML, CSS JS and Typescript so that you can lead by example. PHP or other languages are a huge bonus.
- Understanding of security-by-design, with a strong knowledge of common front-end pitfalls and a proven track record of coaching teams for security awareness.
- Knowledge of the prevailing global privacy landscape and experience creating applications that are privacy-first.
About Us...GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012132