Security Engineer - Network DefensePrimary Location: Beeston, United Kingdom Additional location(s): Sofia, Bulgaria
Location: Remote EMEA - We are open to fully remote as well as remote hybrid options to work in any of our GoDaddy office locations.
Join the team...
As a Security Engineer on the Network Defence Engineering team, you will work on ensuring the availability of GoDaddy’s critical applications and infrastructure by protecting GoDaddy from Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks and other threats using automation and network tools. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions to complex security problems, while minimising customer and employee friction and maximising productivity.
What you'll get to do...
- Maintain and support network security infrastructure
- Handle escalations from global operations center and other business partners
- Balance information risk against the cost of appropriate countermeasures
- Collaborate with senior engineers to identify, plan, and implement solutions that contribute to improved security posture
- Contribute to development & automation using Python and/or shell scripts
- Evaluate new network security products/platforms
- Respond to on-call events for critical network defence systems
Your experience should include...
- Passion for Security and Availability
- 1+ years of experience in Information and/or Network Security
- 3+ years in Information Technology
- Comfortable operating within Linux shell
- Understanding of DDoS attacks and mitigation strategies
- Working knowledge of OSI model and protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP, and DNS
- Entry level network and/or security certifications a plus (Network+, Security+, SSCP, CCNA)
- Experience with networking tools such as iptables, Wireshark, tcpdump, Snort, etc
- Excellent troubleshooting and incident response skills
- Working knowledge of Python
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R013845