Analyst - Website Security Support I - Product/FirewallAustralian Capital Territory, Australia | British Columbia, Canada | Bulgaria | California | India | Iowa | Texas | United Kingdom | Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: You’ll work from our Global Technology Center in Tempe, AZ.
Join our team
As a Support Analyst for Website Security, you will play a vital role in providing support to our website security customers.
What you'll get to do…
We perform different aspects of the incident response life-cycle, which may include the following but not limited to:
- Detection & Analysis: Verification of outdated software, plugins and other components that could compromise the site/environment, securing mixed http content
- Containment, Eradication & Recovery: Cleanup of back doors, malware, SPAM, and other bad actors located on our customer’s website (filesystem/database). Configure sites to be behind HTTPS and Firewall. We also test the site’s availability and integrity after the process to assess uptime and site functionality post Firewall set up.
- Post-Incident Activity: Providing recommendations on how to prevent such issues in the future (password change, removal of local & old backups from the local environment, update software and others).
- Configuration and proficiency of DNS set up to set up and maintain Website Application Firewall.
Your experience should include...
- General understanding of security principles and use good security practices in general.
- Linux experience – CLI and cPanel
- Experience with Apache, Nginx and other web servers
- Experience with WordPress, Joomla, Magento, vBulletin and other CMS’s
- A deep background of how DNS, FTP/SFTP, web, firewalls, CDNs and the Internet work.
- Strong communications skills, ticket-focused customer support with aptitude for providing excellent service.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
You might also have...
- A get it done right attitude because customer experience matters
- You take ownership for your projects and communicate clearly
- High standards and want to make a difference with your work.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight
- Organizational skills that allow you to prioritize and plan work activities by using time efficiently
- Shell scripting / automation
- Open source and community participation and contributions a plus
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits including paid time off, 401k, and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups. Continue to have a side hustle (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010529