GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Senior Software Engineer - Mobile employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 18 million customers worldwide and over 77 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Do you flourish when working in a highly collaborative, innovative, passionate, and driven atmosphere with like-minded individuals? Are you hungry to grow your career, expand your skillset, and build new experiences as you work toward customer-centered products and releases? If so, then we want to meet you!
Our mission is to enable small businesses to build a website in minutes while on the go. We're looking for a strongly driven software engineer with a mobile application focus to be part of a team that will be building out GoDaddy's next generation Website Builder suite leveraging cutting edge technologies including Kotlin and harnessing the latest native technology for providing a differentiated experience on mobile platforms. The development stack spans Native Mobile technologies and Web development along with other current front-end and back-end technologies including ES2015+, SASS, webpack, Node.js, and Cassandra.
This product group is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth, and innovation. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and able to amplify the talents of others.
- Contribute to our mobile application(s) using Kotlin to deliver compelling user experiences.
- Understand the nuances between mobile platforms and provide advice and guidance to other developers on handling those nuances.
- Participate in planning, architectural discussion, implementation and maintenance of a mobile application enabling personalized interactions with customers.
- Be accountable for code quality, writing unit, integration, and automation tests
- Help and advise in the selection of the most appropriate frameworks to use with the product.
- Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
- You have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of native development patterns and architecture.
- You have a deep understanding of Design Patterns and how they can be applied to mobile development.
- You have at least 5 years of experience developing production apps for Android.
- You have experience with:
- New Android libraries (AndroidX, Data Bindings)
- Architecture Components (LiveData, ViewModel, etc)
- Dagger 2.
- You have experience building and deploying Android applications to Google Play store
- You are experienced in debugging mobile applications
- You have been active in the professional development community for at least 5 years
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles, using Roboelectric, Mokito, and Junit
- Experience with Git/Github
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer