GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Senior Software Development Engineer - Full Stack employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy empowers small business owners to grow their business online with a suite of tools for both the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) customer and the customer who needs professionals that will Do-It-For-You (DIFY).
We are a team of software engineers working in the heart of downtown Austin, Texas, dedicated to building world-class systems that enable small business owners to be seen, look great, and connect with their customers online. Our “Do-It-For-You” suite of tools allow GoDaddy professionals to create and manage fully-custom websites, digital marketing presence, email marketing campaigns, and more, so owners can focus on what they know best - selling their products and services.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer on our GoDaddy Austin team:
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a diverse background of engineering, product, and operations team members to deliver the best solution for our customers.
- Solve technical problems that few have solved before – no one else helps Local Businesses the way we do!
- Spend about 60% of your project time on front end code, and 40% on back end code.
- Participate in the decision making progress – we want you to speak up!
- Mentor your team members to share your passion for software, your appreciation for engineering discipline, and your respect for the craft of software development
- Take on the challenge of making what you build higher quality, faster, and more scalable.
- Have a direct effect on the company’s top line performance.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5+ years professional experience with designing, implementing, deploying, and maintaining front end web applications and related backend services.
- Knowledge of current trends and methodologies in front end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Experience in responsive web design and development.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs and Java, Node, Python, or other modern language
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
- Passion to develop elegant and ground-breaking solutions for real-world small business problems
- Effective, efficient communication with local and remote individuals
- Unselfish, team-first attitude. We organize into 4-7 person teams, and we celebrate successes and learn from failures together.
- Embrace the process of focused design, building something quickly, learning from it, and adjusting over 2 weeks, instead of investing months in planning.
- Demonstrate our core values in your work, every day
Here’s what we use:
- AWS - RDS, S3, SQS, CloudFormation, ECS, EC2
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy helps keep employees fit and healthy with generous health benefits. From the best medical, vision, dental, and disability to on-site health and wellness assessments and employee assistance plans.
GoDaddy is a strong believer in the value of higher education. The Education Reimbursement Program encourages our employees to pursue further education and advancement at the company.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy goes above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away from work and we provide generous time away to rest & recharge.
We know that maintaining a work/life balance is the key to success. At GoDaddy, we provide many perks and amenities to help facilitate this balance.
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions and provides a competitive 401k employer match program. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement for our employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer