GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Austin, TX or Remote (This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands)
As a product focused team, we develop innovative customer-facing experiences, specifically focused on customer onboarding. With a configuration driven system, we can rapidly launch new experiments and measure their real-world customer experience impact.
To facilitate the fulfillment of “Do-It-For-You” services, we’ve developed and continue to iterate on a number of highly-performant event-based systems in AWS. These systems do everything from notifying a photographer about a customers’ photoshoot to automatically generating site content within the customers’ site.
As a senior developer, you’ll be a technical leader responsible for coaching teammates and championing best practices regarding testing and application monitoring.
What you'll get to do
- Take ownership of architecting and implementing new applications and features to transform key customer experiences
- Write great code and develop automated testing
- Get hands-on experience with up-to-date cloud technologies and programming languages like AWS (Lambda, RDS, S3, SQS, CloudFormation, ECS, EC2), Kotlin, Nodejs and React
- Deliver a great customer experience via iterative experimentation development, real-time application monitoring and advanced performance profiling of our applications
- Help refine requirements through a deep understanding of our products’ customer impact
- Engage with engineers & partners across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact (from group-wide to company-wide impact)
- Support and mentor other developers on the team, proposing process improvements and best-practices as appropriate
You should have
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Extensive experience with automated software testing
- Experience leading a project from the requirements phase to its completion
- Experience with one or more front end technologies such as: React, Vue.js, Ember, Next.js, Angular, and/or Backbone
- A genuine desire to work as a part of a highly efficient and fast paced team, to build meaningful relationships with other team members, and to provide constructive feedback leading to greater innovation and ideas
You might also have
- Experience managing or contributing to open-source projects
- Experience leading Agile software development environment
- Experience with Java, Kotlin or Python
- SQL or MongoDB skills
- Experience with real-time application monitoring
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R011042