Senior Product DesignerApply Apply Later Location Austin, Texas
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be a fundamental member of our Product Design team working alongside some of the best product, engineering, design, marketing and operations talent in the city. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team and help entrepreneurs around the world build, manage, and grow their business. You will be working on Do It For You (DIFY) services and crafting engaging experiences across GoDaddy’s ecosystem.
Why you should care
GoDaddy is more than just domains. We’re the world's largest platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to give customers the tools, insights and people to transform their ideas into success. We’re biased but, we think there is no a better place to undertake this vital work than right here in Austin, Texas - where the independent spirit is revered and respected.
- Craft Engaging Experiences - Support the customers’ needs and our business objectives by solving problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- Communicate and Collaborate - You understand technical limitations, where to take liberties and how to communicate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers and writers across different teams and offices.
- Design for Scale - Create experiences across multiple touch points, mediums, products, regions and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Prototype, Test, Iterate - Be comfortable concepting, working in low fidelity and high fidelity as well as testing, learning and iterating on designs.
- Define & Document - Create artifacts that articulate our users needs, product principles and design details necessary to bring something to life with our engineers
- Mentor, Lead, Inspire - Your team, other designers, and the larger GoDaddy design community
- Contribute and Invest - In our growing design community as well as customer research and discovery activities
- 5+ years experience in delivering products to market with a proven track record
- A rock-solid portfolio that demonstrates skills in user experience and interaction design
- A deep understanding of what makes an experience good or bad and can communicate why
- Strong visual design and prototyping skills
- Self starter who wants to make GoDaddy’s applications visually appealing and easy to use
- Strong understanding of the web, web apps, responsive design and native mobile applications
- Deep understanding of design tools like: Sketch, Figma, Framer, XD, InVision, Axure, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to think through complicated design systems and challenge existing constraints
- Expert communicator - able to encourage and sell a vision
- Experience with micro-interactions and animations
- Experience with UX writing, micro-copy and why content is important
- Experience with user research and usability testing methods
- Experience collaborating with multi-functional teams including product, engineering, marketing and end user groups
- A passion for small businesses
- Experience building software for customer experience or service design industries
- Experience in SaaS
- Experience with iOS and Android apps
- Experience working on voice assistants or guided UI’s
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.