Principal Product DesignerPrimary Location: Austin, Texas Additional location(s): Arizona - Remote; California - Remote; Oregon - Remote; Seattle, Washington
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
As a Principal Product Designer you will be a fundamental member of our Product Design team working alongside some of the best product, engineering, design, and marketing talent. You will join forces with other UX designers / teams and will be responsible for conceiving, designing and leading the development of a wide range of experiences.
This is a unique opportunity to help shape company strategy and help entrepreneurs around the world build, manage, and grow their business. You will be working on our Websites + Marketing offerings - crafting engaging experiences across GoDaddy’s ecosystem.
You’ll be a key leader in our thought process, deliverables and visual direction. You’ll be a guide for our junior designers carefully directing them toward success. You’ll have the latitude to enact change, and be part of a collaborative, customer-obsessed team that works to deliver experiences that empower our customers to see success as they define their online presence.
- Craft Engaging Experiences- Support the customers’ needs and our business objectives by solving problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- Communicate and Collaborate- You understand technical limitations, where to take liberties and how to communicate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers, and writers across different teams and offices.
- Design for Scale- Create experiences across multiple touch points, mediums, products, regions and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Prototype, Test, Iterate- Be comfortable with concepts, working in low fidelity and high fidelity as well as testing, learning and iterating on designs.
- Define & Document- Create artifacts that articulate our users needs, product principles and design details necessary to bring something to life with our engineers.
- Mentor, Lead, Inspire- Your team, other designers, and the larger GoDaddy design community.
- Contribute and Invest- In our growing design community as well as customer research and discovery activities. Actively lead multiple projects, from start to finish, to meet priorities and requirements in an agile environment
What you'll get to do...
- Lead the creation and production of design solutions – conceiving end-to-end design strategies across a user's journey
- Advocate for design excellence, craftsmanship, usability and experience.
- Strong understanding of how to establish a vision through simple, elegant designs and presentations.
- Outstanding conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Evolve and invent new visual and interaction designs based on experience requirements, brand guidelines and our user needs.
- Be a strategic creative problem solver and raise the bar of visual design for GoDaddy.
- Provide art direction for our user interface: typography, iconography, illustration, graphics and motion graphics.
- Collaborate effectively with other senior leaders, senior designers, content strategists, product managers, researchers and technologists.
- An active contributor and participator in group critique and constant iterative improvement.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time, workflow and expectations appropriately.
- Work with our design teams to mentor and coach best practice, provide feedback and collaborate to ensure design standards are being met.
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of experience in delivering consumer software products to market - demonstrable industry experience in a well-established, creative leadership role with a clear record of success.
- Impressive portfolio of modern and progressive UI architecture, interaction and visual designs. You should have a strong sense of the visual aesthetic and a consistent track record in the craft of design.
- Self-Initiated achievements that show an ability to work through and across organizational lines.
- Innate ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to stakeholders in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, or equivalent.
- Strong prototyping and/or motion skills is a definitive plus.
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016380
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $173000.00 to $216000.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $144000.00 to $180000.00