Data Center TechnicianApply Apply Later Location Ashburn, Virginia
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This role is responsible for maintaining servers in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities. Data Center Technicians take ownership in maintaining high availability for our millions of customers websites. Effective communication with customers and team members, possess extensive and detail knowledge of hardware and operations, as well as an attention to detail and documentation skills are critical to being a successful member of the team.
- Perform hardware troubleshooting and maintenance on mission critical systems (storage, network, servers)
- Perform data and power cable management
- Accomplish inventory control for servers, components and cables
- Respond to regular phone requests from 24x7 Operations Center
- Ability to determine the best course of action based on extremely complex issues
- Demonstrate critical thinking ability
- Formulate, affect, interpret, or implement policies and procedures
- Experience working with Linux and Windows at the command line
- Experience resolving PC and server hardware issues
- Experience working in a large data center (100+ servers) is helpful
- Work a flexible shift and participate in an on-call rotation as necessary
- Travel between Data Center sites
- Must have performed a Safari at the data center
- Work well in a high stress environment
- Ability to kneel, crawl, reach above shoulder height and lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout shift
- Walk/move about the data center facility for up to 85% of shift time.
- Ability to communicate with team members clearly
- Must pass a skill-assessment and performance review after 90 days
- Intermediate Linux OS knowledge
- Basic Windows OS knowledge
- Basic command line troubleshooting knowledge
- Basic programming knowledge
- Basic knowledge for automation programming
Tools we work with:(for Product SDE / SDET or CIO or CTO roles)
- Office Suite
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy.com
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.