Vice President, Public Relations - RemotePrimary Location: Arizona - Remote Additional location(s): Ontario, Canada
Location: British Columbia, Canada; USA Remote Kirkland, WA; Tempe, AZ;
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely. This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
Join our team ...
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this position will work closely with company leaders and collaborate across teams to communicate GoDaddy’s mission, strategy, and breakthroughs as we help millions of people around the world bring their ideas to life online. The Vice President of Public Relations is responsible for leading the development and execution of programs that increase awareness for the GoDaddy brand, corporate initiatives, and the company’s advocacy for everyday entrepreneurs. In addition to Public Relations, this leader has accountability for our internal and customer-facing events and our Executive Communications and Events team. This leader is accountable for leading all Public Relations functions, including, but not limited to corporate narrative development, executive thought leadership, corporate social responsibility, media relations, and reputation management as well as crisis communications and product progress
What you'll get to do...
- Leading the strategy and execution for all Public Relations across GoDaddy, globally.
- Partnering with C-level executives and leaders across GoDaddy to build narratives that reflect GoDaddy’s mission and customer focus.
- Collaborating with teams across the organization to align program goals and focus areas with company priorities and establishing priorities for the company.
- Delivering results for the company on shared metrics, including but not limited to brand progress, media visibility, media resonance, tone and share of voice.
- Developing relationships with media and industry influencers relevant to GoDaddy and our customers, as well as leading and managing PR agency relationships, globally.
- Leading a diverse and distributed team to produce exceptional results and be a source of guidance and inspiration for the team.
- Advising on and often writing corporate narratives and messaging that reflect GoDaddy’s mission and strategy
Your experience should include...
- 15+ years of Public Relations experience, spanning narrative and message development, executive communications, thought leadership, and media relations.
- A passion and proven track record of creativity, storytelling and customer-focused communications.
- Strong track record of working successfully in complex business settings and playing a role in strategy and communication and the ability to adapt quickly and help cross-functional teams align. Experience in financial communications is a plus.
- Experience working across lines of business to drive continuity in internal and external communications and with C-level executives to ensure they are informed and involved in the GoDaddy external narrative.
- Experience successfully leading global teams and global agencies with clarity and empathy.
- Experience in change management. Ideal background would include experience in business transformation and crafting a consistent external narrative.
- A proven track record of experimentation and using data to refine and improve current and future programs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Deep knowledge of communication processes and systems.
- Prior experience in leading events teams and internal comms is a strong plus.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R014942