Senior Technical Program ManagerArizona | Scottsdale, Arizona | Iowa | Texas
Get to know us
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
We are flexible on the location of this role.
Join our team
As a Senior Technical Program Manager for the Partners Business - Technical Program Management (TPgM) Team, you will oversee a wide variety of projects from conceptual design through implementation. You will be working with cross-functional teams of Program Managers, Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers, and Engineers in an internationally distributed environment.
The work is challenging, fast-paced, and diverse. You’ll need to bring a proven technical acumen, strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a collaborative work ethic with excellent project and people management skills. Immersing yourself as a key member of the Partners Business - TPgM team, you should also enjoy working in an agile delivery environment on highly technical programs as a key driver towards reaching strategic objectives and great customer value.
What you’ll get to do…
- Manage projects and programs with oversight throughout entire initiation, planning, and execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline
- Develop comprehensive project and program plans that merge requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project and program phases, from initial development through implementation
- Monitor project and program progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders and sponsors to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Creating and radiating project and program roadmaps and maintaining project metrics dashboards for regular stakeholder reporting
- Communicating with technical leads for resource assignments and managing complex dependencies in line with project and program timelines
- Leading regular project meetings including status updates and task triage meetings
- Working pro-actively to remove impediments and blockages whilst managing project risk workbooks
- Fostering self-governance and accountability within the team and maintaining the information flow from team to Stakeholders
- Developing and applying in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures
- Establishing and fostering solid working relationships, with a strong emphasis on pragmatic problem solving rather than problem blaming
- Supporting the Partners Business - Head of Technical Program Management to advocate continuous improvement throughout business processes including Change Management and Agile processes
Your experiences should include…
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management or related field
- 5-7 years as a Technical Program Manager across multi-functional international teams
- Experience with web hosting space preferred (web hosting tools, website builders, WordPress, Gutenberg, cPanel, Plesk, CDN, server infrastructure, website security, O365, domains)
- Knowledge and experience of methodologies and practices within the Agile space and software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with JIRA, Smartsheet, Confluence, and other Roadmap tools
- A driver with the confidence to jump in and assist with queries across all levels of the business
- An excellent communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical subjects clearly and concisely, using appropriate language, to all levels of the organization
- A flexible and positive team player, who shows initiative and drive in their work ethic
- A problem solver with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Experience with process improvement, people management, and software development
- Excellent MS Office skills including PowerPoint presentation skills
- Technically competent, or have a strong learning aptitude for technical concepts and processes with hands-on technical experience within a technical field e.g. Development or Systems Engineering
We’ve got your back
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010516