Senior Software Engineer - New Commerce ExperienceArizona | California | Washington | Tempe, Arizona
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Tempe, AZ
Join our team ...
As a senior engineer, your duties will involve full stack development across distributed APIs, modern UI frameworks and UX standards, and bespoke orchestration layers to pull them all together. This team is responsible for building world class eCommerce offerings, as a core company initiative, including user facing features and deep vertical integrations on a scalable architecture that will support millions of Small Business owners, processing Billions in revenue per year.
This product group is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth and innovation. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and able to amplify the talents of others. Someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes, system resilience, and how to enable innovation through fostering a growing culture of inclusion and continuous improvement. You will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices here at GoDaddy
What you'll get to do...
- Be accountable for code quality and writing unit and integration tests
- Coordinate and contribute to architectural and design discussions
- Identify, measure, and understand user needs and execute on appropriate solutions
- Drive driven decisions based on experimentation and real user feedback
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Help define engineering standards and encourage robust and cost effective software design and architecture
- Lead and support team members to drive success
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Identify, plan, and execute on improvements to product and development processes
- Evaluate and recommend development tools and frameworks
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
What we use ...
- Modern test automation tools like Cypress
- Slack and Zoom for regular team communications
Your experience should include...
- Passion for quality, user experience, and cutting-edge web technologies
- Very strong object-oriented programming and design fundamentals
- Strong understanding of modern data stores for high performance and scalability
- Able to provide direction and mentoring to less experienced developers
- 7+ years professional web development experience in related technologies
- 3+ years Node.js or Rails experience
- Experience with unit testing and test automation principles
- Experience with Amazon AWS and building inside the AWS platform
- Experience building modern JSON APIs and distributed systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Git/Github
- Solid understanding of software security best practices
- Broad understanding of all aspects of web client performance
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
- History of open source contributions and community involvement
- Leadership experience a plus
- Understanding of the eCommerce industry and landscape
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R010288