Senior Site Reliability EngineerPrimary Location: Arizona - Remote Additional location(s): San Diego, California; United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
As a Certificate Authority (CA), GoDaddy is one of a handful of companies that provides the trust that the internet is built upon. The GoDaddy CA currently issues certificates for websites, code executables, and even operating system drivers. This type of security is critical to all businesses as it provides a way to secure data and provide assurances of security to their customers. As the world pushes for more devices and services to be online based, providing a high standard for digital security becomes critical.
The PKI Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for an experienced system administrator to join their team. The focus of this team is supporting the PKI development group and their applications as well as designing, improving and maintaining infrastructure for the PKI environment.
What you'll get to do
- Conduct performance analysis and monitoring of multiple applications tiers and environments
- Identify, assist in planning and implement solutions that continually improves performance
- Identify, assist in creating and maintain automation which allows for self-healing and incident resolution
- Code contributions in languages such as Python and Bash
- Alert response for performance related thresholds
- Address security vulnerabilities and production outages within strict SLA's
- On-call rotations and Incident call handling
- Contribute to configuration management
- Create, package, maintain, secure and containerize SRE applications
- Collaborate with internal customers, auditors, and other teams
- Perform CA related maintenance and Ceremonies
Your experience should include...
- Skilled with Bash, python scripting.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux server related issues.
- Basic understanding of configuration management (ie. Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Basic understanding of how TCP/IP and the Network stack functions
- Exhibits good communication skills (ie. Written, verbal, documentation)
- Heavy experience with *Nix systems (primary focus on RHEL/CentOS/Alma Linux)
- Basic understanding of SQL query syntax
- Be comfortable working within a strictly regulated environment and following set internal and external mandatory policies
- Exhibits critical thinking in approach and implementation of Duties
- Is expected to be a self starter, and self motivated.
You may also have...
- Basic understanding of how a PKI hierarchy is setup
- Basic understanding of certificate validation processes (ie. OCSP, CRL)
- Experience with a variety of virtualization/container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare, OpenStack, AWS, KVM, Digital Ocean Droplets, GH Actions etc.)
- Experience with using HSMs (Hardware Security Modules)
- Experience with Algorithms, including RSA, AES, ECDSA
- Experience with FIPS ( 140, 186 ) compliance
- Experience with other scripting/programming languages (Go, Ruby, Python, Groovy, C, Nodejs, Perl etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- 5+ years working in a large scale environment
- Experience troubleshooting production issues in a geo-distributed application or CDNs with a focus on data integrity
- Prior work using any of the following: ElasticSearch, Openstack, Jenkins, Icinga2, and Salt
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012573
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- New York City - $112000.00 to $140000.00
- Colorado - $96000.00 to $120000.00