At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position, as decided by your manager. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites. Your hiring manager can share more about this role’s hybrid or remote designation
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you’ll get to do…
While most of your time will be spent writing quality code and reviewing the code that your teammates write, you’ll also have the opportunity to improve internal documentation & processes, pitch enhancements to our test / QA automations, and contribute to open-source projects.
A typical day includes...
- Building features and fixes based on detailed product requirements
- Reviewing your teammates’ code for readability, maintainability, and security
- Performing user testing on your own code and providing code reviews to team members
- Participating in the full development lifecycle from research and planning engineering implementations to QA and deployment
- Adding to our internal wiki/documentation
- Assisting our care team with troubleshooting challenging issues
- Contributing to open-source code and the wider community, like WooCommerce and WordPress
Your experience should include...
- The ability to translate technical descriptions into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, able to work in a remote environment without constant supervision
- Commitment to constant improvement, learning, sharing your knowledge, and building meaningful relationships as a member of a highly efficient, fast paced team
- Excited to work in a team-oriented environment with an emphasis on growing and helping one another
You might also have…
- Experience with Node, AWS services like EventBridge
- Experience designing and developing APIs with REST and GraphQL
- Experience with Go or other compiled languages
- Experience with eCommerce (like WordPress / WooCommerce, Shopify, or others)
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs, especially with payments and shipping providers
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R015711
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- Seattle, New York City - $112000.00 to $140000.00
- Colorado, Washington State - $96000.00 to $120000.00