Senior Director – Registry SalesPrimary Location: Arizona - Remote Additional location(s): British Columbia, Canada; Melbourne, Australia
Location: Remote Arizona | Melbourne, Australia | Remote Canada - BC
This Senior Director Channel Sales position will be responsible for managing, building and driving the Registry Sales team for Franchise TLDs to meet and exceed revenue sales goals in line with the overall Company strategic plan. This position is responsible for optimizing Sales channels via Registrars and other partners through promotions, pricing, marketing investment and other Sales tactics. The role requires securing new distribution business opportunities, optimizing placement and marketing development, building relationships with potential clients and channels, and managing relationships with existing clients, including domain investors.
The critical skill sets needed to flourish in this position include being comfortable working in a global, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with strong acumen in the Domain Name Industry and hands-on Domain sales expertise through Registrars.
What you'll get to do...
- Actively lead, mentor & develop a team of high performing direct channel quota-carrying professionals.
- Optimize Sales strategy based on analysis of marketing investment effectiveness (LTV/CAC, etc), Pricing optimization (elasticity and bookings vs. LTV), and market share development. Develop hypothesis and Playbook for each TLD group and do a continuous refinement based on results.
- Create sales plans based on playbooks to drive new bookings into the existing Registrar distribution channel. Then, reforecast on a monthly basis the sales plan per product, channel and region.
- Directly drive the execution of the Sales plan with constant monitoring of results to make adjustments as necessary and update sales playbooks.
- Create experiments on pricing, marketing, merchandising, bundling, etc. to drive new sales tactics.
- Collaborate closely with internal cross-functional teams (product, marketing, engineering, customer support, etc.) to:
- Drive new merchandising and marketing opportunities
- Support the introduction of new products to drive additional market adoption
- Identity new trends and product opportunities based upon market feedback
- Lead complex contract negotiations and effectively leverage internal resources (legal, sales operations, etc.) to drive marketing and promotion agreements
- Integrate new products, TLDs and teams as part of inorganic plans
- Represent GoDaddy Registry at industry events and within industry publications, etc.
Directly responsible for further developing and optimizing the tools required by the channel team to ensure targets are met. This will include management and maintenance of the existing CRM system, reporting and develop new analytical frameworks.
The Senior Director – Registry Sales is responsible for regular reporting on various areas of the Sales team performance including but not limited to:
- Development and implementing weekly reporting to the Registry and Domains leadership teams,
- Regular reporting and adjustments of Sales forecasts and different initiatives
- Report on the results of experiments (hypothesis, objectives, results, conclusions)
- Frequent reporting of Sales efforts for TLD partners so the Account Management team can report to their clients (e.g. Governments, ROs, Regulators)
Your experience should include...
- 10+ years of channel and partner sales and sales management experience
- Proven and quantifiable performance of building and leading teams which exceed established objectives through effective communication, coaching and leadership skills.
- Successful track record managing overall sales budget >$USD 10M
- Intellectually curious with a strong desire to learn and an aptitude for numerical data with strong quantitative analysis skills
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline-driven with the ability manage and support multiple projects simultaneously, attention-to-detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical acumen with ability to stand toe-to-toe with product, operations and technology teams
- Proven ability to participate in and influence cross-functional teams across multiple countries/locations/offices
- Outstanding communication skills, and in particular the ability to convert complex ideas and quantitative data into simple messages. Exceptional written and verbal skills with meticulous attention to detail
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy Registry is one of the world’s largest and leading domain name registry providers empowering online innovation. We operate top-level domains (TLDs) on behalf of sovereign nations, city governments and global brands so that people worldwide can bring their ideas to life online.
With more than two decades of industry leadership to draw on, we serve as the Registry Operator for TLDs like .co, .us, .biz, and .nyc – and manage the backend technology for hundreds more. Our team is building a platform for future innovation and growth that will positively impact the entire global internet community. To learn more about us, please visit www.registry.godaddy.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R012735