Senior Copywriter - Front of SitePrimary Location: Arizona - Remote Additional location(s): Kirkland, Washington; United States - Remote
At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team...
As a Level IV Writer, you're a lead Front of Site (FoS) writer working towards developing outstanding customer centric work that drives GoDaddy’s business. You'll be a representative on the FoS team, partnering with content, design and UX talent to drive craft and quality across the customer experience on the GoDaddy website.
You love the craft of copywriting and the art of storytelling, developing big ideas and writing copy that makes it the hero. Copy that engages and gets folks to lean in and take action. You also have a deep appreciation for the relationship between copy and visual elements (excellent design in general). We expect our copywriters to understand that a project isn’t truly exceptional unless the copy and the design support each other — live in harmony.
In this role, you’ll work with a team of writers, designers and art directors and content strategists with limitless opportunities for you to turn your ideas into reality.
What you'll get to do...
- Responsible for the conceptual and execution phases of large-scale, sophisticated projects without oversight and drives excellence on FoS that moves the brand.
- Identifies team-level opportunities, builds cases, achieves customer consensus, and is responsible for end results.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to lead team-level projects, such as tools or content migrations, changes in experience, new end-to-end flows, new strategic products, new content types, new communication/messaging methods, etc.
- Drives and develops new processes or leads improvement of existing processes that lead to operational efficiencies.
- Succinctly articulates project strategy, status, and results to senior-level management.
- Proactively helps product or marketing teams understand customer issues, language choices, and UX flows by providing data or insights that result in custom or innovative solutions.
- Seeks out and merges multiple data sources to provide deeper analysis that helps drive solutions across multiple teams or groups.
- Communicates and Collaborates: You guide conversations with external partners (GTM, product leaders, etc.) that help clarify and define writing direction and content strategy. You understand how to drive storytelling, where to take liberties and how to communicate and partner with senior leaders, product managers, researchers, and creative team members.
- Writes for Scale: Build experiences that can be used across multiple touch points, mediums, products, regions, and customers without sacrificing consistency and simplicity.
- Drive & Deliver: Provide thought leadership to colleagues in a wide variety of subjects, such as tone & voice, consumer research and insights, up-leveling the overall craft and quality of our copy.
- Encourages other writers and the larger GoDaddy creative team.
Your experience should include...
- 6+ years’ experience in delivering projects to market with a consistent track record
- A rock-solid portfolio that demonstrates skills in driving copy for a variety of audiences
- A well-balanced knowledge of all fields
- A deep understanding of what makes an experience good or bad and can communicate why
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to self-start initiatives and develop future thinking
- Ability to work independently and autonomously to deliver on goals
- Experience with UX writing, micro-copy and why content is relevant
- Ability to plan and deliver work that gives to a larger, long-term plan
- Ability to communicate sophisticated ideas and concepts to a broad team
- Ability to take problems and crystallize them into actionable items
You might also have...
- Experience in a range of Digital Platforms
- BA or MA in related field or equivalent experience
We've got your back... Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us... GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.Job ID R016292
The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- New York - $108000.00 to $135000.00
- Colorado - $84000.00 to $105000.00