GoDaddy engineers are shifting the global economy to support small businesses worldwide to create beautiful online experiences for their customers that help them grow and manage their business. We work fearlessly to build innovative solutions, platforms and business applications tailored to the unique needs of the small business owner. Using a collaborative, agile, small team approach we make cutting edge technologies simple and effective. Our team of technologists do the heavy lifting, so our customers can focus on making their dreams come true.
What makes a successful Software Engineer - Full Stack Front-End employee at GoDaddy?
Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
GoDaddy is looking for a full-stack front-end engineer to join our UX Platform web team in Kirkland, Tempe, or as a remote contributor. The team is responsible for building & maintaining all of our cross cutting user experience technologies (Design System, Shared Wayfinding, etc.). Hundreds of front-end engineers across all of GoDaddy's product teams use these platform technologies every day to help our small business customers start, grow and run their venture. If you have the passion, enthusiasm and ability to create compelling web and mobile interactions for customers on their way to making their small businesses great, we would like to talk to you!
- Write great code and create unit and integration tests that prove it.
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices.
- Participate in devops, release, and on-call activities in support of the platform.
- Engage with engineers across the company to solve problems that span multiple teams.
- Participate in ensuring a high quality and performant system that engages and delights customers.
- Understand the nuances between browsers and provide advice and guidance to other developers on handling those nuances.
- Contribute to Open Source projects related to the tech stack and domain of our products.
- Support other engineers in the team.
- You enjoy working on leading edge technologies and languages like Node.js, ES2019, React, GraphQL or TypeScript.
- You have experience working with highly agile development teams.
- You have experience using git and git-based workflows.
- You work closely with a team of experts across disciplines to design and implement very high quality code.
- You have used multiple "last mile" technologies such as grunt, gulp, or webpack to ship production-ready software.
- You have experience with and are capable of creating RESTful APIs to power web applications. Experience with other technologies such as Relay, GraphQL or WebSockets a plus.
- You have experience with Devops and understand what deployment means using systems like docker, AWS and/or Kubernetes.
- You have been active in the professional development community for at least 3 years.
Please note that GODADDY does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To submit your application to this position, please click Apply . On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
GoDaddy seeks to make health coverage available for employees and family members. While options differ by country, our goal is to ensure the right care in the right place at the right price.
GoDaddy offers programs to help advance the careers of our employees. Programs include instruction led by our trainers, as well as opportunities for Tuition Reimbursement.
Time Away From Work
GoDaddy encourages employees to take time away from work to Live Passionately. GoDaddy complies with the provisions in each of the countries we do business, but we go above and beyond to provide opportunities to enjoy time away.
Saving for Retirement
GoDaddy looks closely at the retirement provisions offered in each country. Our retirement plans are designed to fund a comfortable retirement and are usually funded by employee and employer contributions.
At GoDaddy, we choose open and convenient locations as we want our offices to reflect our culture. We have open architecture and feature bold designs. In many locations, we feature dining facilities with great healthy choices.
Perks and Amenities
GoDaddy seeks to find vendor partners who provide discounts on products and services ranging from electronics to pet insurance to home and auto insurance. We understand that it pays to shop around for the best deals and we are happy to help you by combining the purchasing power of GoDaddy employees.
The amazing thing about GoDaddy wasn't that we were able to define a company standard and have that standard meet or exceed our goals in defining it. The amazing thing was how open the teams were to joining forces to investigate, decide, evangelize and engage on a change like this.
Chris Evans, VP of Engineering
I haven't met a developer yet who doesn't want to change the world for the better with their work.
Blake Irving, GoDaddy Board Director & Former CEO
The product team combines data and customer insight to deliver impactful experiences around the world. Working here is an opportunity to make a difference globally by helping individuals make a living and bring their ideas from inception to reality.
Steven Aldrich, Chief Product Officer