Senior Software Engineer - PerlPrimary Location: Alberta, Canada - Remote
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Your manager is located in Boise, ID but you can work remotely in most of the US or Canada. This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Colorado, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands
The Senior Software Engineer will apply expert-level CI/CD knowledge of computer science principles and web development best practices to innovate and improve the hosting platform. You will work primarily on the backend using Perl. Automate processes and make data-driven decisions. Strive to enable our business partners and end-customers to connect in new ways to help them succeed.
What you'll get to do...
- Architect and build services and systems at scale
- Work closely with Product and other Engineering teams in executing towards common goals.
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding methodologies.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Participate in DevOps, release and on-call activities in support of the platform
- Engage with engineers and partners across the organization to solve problems with a group-wide and company-wide impact.
- Excellent ability to tackle problems across domains, skills, and technologies
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent degree or experience
- 5-8+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience
- Knowledge of backend systems such as Apache, NGINX and NodeJS
- Strong Knowledge of Perl and/or Python. If Perl knowledge is minimal, must have desire to learn and code in Perl during the integration period
- Experience with MySQL is a plus
- Experience with visualization and monitoring tools
- Solid understanding of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Pipelines)
- Solid understanding of configuration management (puppet, ansible)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development, Git/GitHub, and related tools
- Passion for continuous learning both in and out of the office
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
- Ability to distill meaning from requests received from non-technical/non-domain-expert users in order to determine actual needs vs stated wants
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R011691